Using diff deadener brands?

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
This isnt gonna be for a long while. Whenever i decide to buy a new car. ive decided im done putting cash into my current car. 94 camry ;/

Ive decided to get a hatchback and deaden pretty much all the car. In my current car, ive got SDS CLD tiles in the doors and they make a huge difference but they are relatively small 6x10 if i remember correctly, Thats alot to do a whole car.

Id do my car doors with CLD tiles and then the rest of the car with another brand. I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this or can recommend a good deadener that wont totally kill the wallet. Tbh, i probably wouldnt need a ton. id do the rear quarter panels, and everything in the back near the sub. Not sure id need anything under the rearseats or floorboard, Though i would cover everything except the roof in MLV.

There are tons of threads on deadener. Its an easy to find but im more curious of things like Raamat or second skin is financially still feasible when doing large areas.

Great thread.

I too would love to hear alternatives to Dynamat. Dynamat brand, I hear good things about but is most expensive option generally...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't recommend it.

Put only one upstream O2 sensor in my car due to rust, now it wants to drive only in circles cause it goes faster on the drivers side.

You could run into a problem such as this.

Looks interesting. Says to be same thickness as Knu Kolossus.
I actually got the 80 mil and compared it to shok mat and appear to be about the same, there is no smell and seems to work very well, I done my doors and trunk, I used audio technix 60 in a prior car and this seems to be a lot better, sticks very well and aluminum seems thick and it's easy to apply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.