Box for ssa evil 18... help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well I’m paying someone to make me the box
I am confused now. What do you mean by slot port?

All this sounds too complicated I should just put the **** box in the back seats lol

I really want too do what you suggested. Putting a tube through the back deck to get all the pressure inside the cabin. I’m willing to take out the back seats if possible in order to accomplish this
The slot ports would be harder to do and I think venting into the rear deck the round will work best ..you’ll just have to get the size and length needed to put them there ..I’d do schedule 40 PVC ..the critical two pieces would be the length of the ports and the length ..because you already know your box size that your working with ...I’m sick with the flew right now and have a high fever or I’d try and figure it out for you

Well I’m paying someone to make me the box
I am confused now. What do you mean by slot port?

All this sounds too complicated I should just put the **** box in the back seats lol

I really want too do what you suggested. Putting a tube through the back deck to get all the pressure inside the cabin. I’m willing to take out the back seats if possible in order to accomplish this
From my little bit of research..I think it’s gonna be two 6” ports ..you’ll want the 18 tuned lower I’m sure so it’s looking like about 20” length each should hit with authority ..you can get someone to verify that ..but that way you can have one port stop at each speaker opening and use stock speaker grills to hide them ..I use to put speaker grill cloth over my ports to keep stuff from ******* into the port and damaging the speaker and I’ve metered with and without grill cloth and there was no difference in spl numbers

I always got higher numbers with slots over rounds ..even set world SPL record with slot and numerous state records ..
What you got from experimenting is different because you weren't space restricted and can still get proper airspace and port area with a slot. Now if you factor in the OP's space restrictions, you would easily know that round ports are the way to go. There's no argument over which is more efficient, its literally proven by math figuring out the total amount of surface area that air has to travel through, its literally what i meant by aero> octo > Slot, Just with round ports, you are stuck with the size given and doing multiples arent as efficient as a single big port so you are stuck with constraints. However when space is the constraint, there's no reason to lose .5 to a whole cube of airspace just to do a slot port.

I thought that too but Jeff usually knows everything ..about 6 months or so ago I recommend a nice JVC double din deck loaded with all the good features one could want and told the person it was a nice SQ deck and Jeff chimes in putting it down saying I didn’t know what I was talking about ...and now he’s on here telling everyone how great the JVCs are for the money ..which they are good decks for the money but I knew this way before he started pushing them ..I’m always reading up on specs of new products ..I have nothing against him but he seems to always want to be a know it all and thinking everyone is wanting a top notch SQ system ..that most people will be streaming compressed Bluetooth music through that doesn’t have no sq what so ever ..
It wasnt 6 months ago, it was a lot longer then that and that head unit did not have network mode. The current ones do.

You do know that bluetooth technology with 5.0 and aptx can stream high quality lossless nowadays right with? Literally no difference from a usb streaming lossless, both are digital forms of audio without any extra processing from the phone like it would from an aux setup. Bluetooth technology has improved rapidly and we are at that point where its pointless trying to compare bluetooth vs CD considering if both setups are done properly and both are the same sample rate. All that negative stigma about bluetooth is from years ago where 2.1 and 3.0 is prevalent with people only streaming 128k-192kbps bit rate files. Now we have lossless streaming such as tidal along with a much stronger bluetooth codec.

What you got from experimenting is different because you weren't space restricted and can still get proper airspace and port area with a slot. Now if you factor in the OP's space restrictions, you would easily know that round ports are the way to go. There's no argument over which is more efficient, its literally proven by math figuring out the total amount of surface area that air has to travel through, its literally what i meant by aero> octo > Slot, Just with round ports, you are stuck with the size given and doing multiples arent as efficient as a single big port so you are stuck with constraints. However when space is the constraint, there's no reason to lose .5 to a whole cube of airspace just to do a slot port.

It wasnt 6 months ago, it was a lot longer then that and that head unit did not have network mode. The current ones do.

You do know that bluetooth technology with 5.0 and aptx can stream high quality lossless nowadays right with? Literally no difference from a usb streaming lossless, both are digital forms of audio without any extra processing from the phone like it would from an aux setup.
The deck could go active..if that’s what you mean by network..I had watched it a long time thinking about it ..it had 13band eq ..time alignment ..and I don’t know what all else it was around $300 on eBay

I’ve built plenty of boxes with external slot ports ..but I did tell him in his situation round ports would be better ..I actually know of something better than round or slots ..that I designed..but it wouldn’t work in his situation ..so I’m not going into it ..but I built one of my team members a new box ..he was into round ports also SPL and had a world record ..a direct swap to my box I designed he broke his old world record by over 2dbs ..and set a new one ...the car was a CRX ..the only difference was a box swap ..no equipment change ...The swap was done at the show ..

I’ve built plenty of boxes with external slot ports ..but I did tell him in his situation round ports would be better ..I actually know of something better than round or slots ..that I designed..but it wouldn’t work in his situation ..so I’m not going into it ..but I built one of my team members a new box ..he was into round ports also SPL and had a world record ..a direct swap to my box I designed he broke his old world record by over 2dbs ..and set a new one ...the car was a CRX ..the only difference was a box swap ..no equipment change ...The swap was done at the show ..

So by round ports you mean aero ports?

I am paying about 425 dollars shipped for this box so I really want to do wats best to get my moneys worth

Wouldn’t external port/ports through the rear deck be better than round ports/aero ports though? Since there won’t be no constriction in cabin pressure etc

So by round ports you mean aero ports?
I am paying about 425 dollars shipped for this box so I really want to do wats best to get my moneys worth

Wouldn’t external port/ports through the rear deck be better than round ports/aero ports though? Since there won’t be no constriction in cabin pressure etc
Yes aeroports like 6” but they will need a 90 bend to get from the box to your rear deck

About the only way to do an external slot would be to cut the rear deck and that’s going to the extreme so that’s why I said they wouldn’t really work and aero style ports would be best in your situation
So you mean 2 external aero port style ports shooting through the 6x9 rear deck speaker housing holes would be best?

Ok if that’s the case then that sounds good.

Are you still interested in the image dynamics xs components I have? I could give you those components if you build me the box and I’ll pay for shipping the box on top of that. Pm me if you want to negotiate. I really want this to be done right

So you mean 2 external aero port style ports shooting through the 6x9 rear deck speaker housing holes would be best?
Ok if that’s the case then that sounds good.

Are you still interested in the image dynamics xs components I have? I could give you those components if you build me the box and I’ll pay for shipping the box on top of that. Pm me if you want to negotiate. I really want this to be done right
I’ve done systems that way and they were really impressive

I’ve never tried shipping a box and don’t know what’s involved ..I do have a pretty nice wood working shop though ..I wish you weren’t so far away ..I’ve had people bring me vehicles from all the surrounding states and all over Louisiana back in the early days ..but my guy that is the math wiz ..I’d draw it up and he’d fine tune the details ..then we’d build it ..doesn’t help me anymore ..he got a new job and married and gave up car audio ..I have a new guy that helps me when I’m building an enclosure..but he’s just a little better than me at it ...

I’ve done systems that way and they were really impressive
I’ve never tried shipping a box and don’t know what’s involved ..I do have a pretty nice wood working shop though ..I wish you weren’t so far away ..I’ve had people bring me vehicles from all the surrounding states and all over Louisiana back in the early days ..but my guy that is the math wiz ..I’d draw it up and he’d fine tune the details ..then we’d build it ..doesn’t help me anymore ..he got a new job and married and gave up car audio ..I have a new guy that helps me when I’m building an enclosure..but he’s just a little better than me at it ...
Ok im ma do watt you suggested for the box build

I’ll start a building log soon.

Yea I'm not saying he isn't full of knowledge but there are things he says that I don't necessarily agree with. Maybe tone down the ego just a bit. I picture him as a big loud meathead wearing a 'Tapout' shirt in person. I could be wrong lol.
I picture him as a rather goofy looking light skinned black man.

Like Humpty Hump without the Groucho Marx nose.

Humpty-Hump-199x300.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.