Box for ssa evil 18... help

Participant count
  • Participant list

MmatsDude
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey guys this set up is going in a Lincoln town car trunk.

I could do

30 width

20 depth

22 height

Gives me around 6 cubes gross. After sub and port it would be around 4.8-5 cubes net

Are this box dimensions ok for this sub?

Not competing. Will be a musical daily set up.

Hey guys this set up is going in a Lincoln town car trunk.
I could do

30 width

20 depth

22 height

Gives me around 6 cubes gross. After sub and port it would be around 4.8-5 cubes net

Are this box dimensions ok for this sub?

Not competing. Will be a musical daily set up.
It’s a little small but it should be all right

Aeroport...takes up less space than reg port/octoport. But...an 18 in that trunk might not be a good idea if your struggling with space.

Go with the absolute biggest box you can stuff in there while still leaving room for the port to breathe. The backseats don't fold down in that car and I don't think they even came with a ski pass thru so it will be hard to get a desirable amount of bass in the cabin.

because they dont make a 9 inch pvc pipe.
Aero > Octo > Slot especially when you are low on airspace. I would not even think about doing any kind of slot port with how limited you are on airspace.
Can always build your own port from a sonotube..that’s why I prefer slots and can get the port more precise

Can always build your own port from a sonotube..that’s why I prefer slots and can get the port more precise
sonos are still 10 and 8, there is no 9, which looks ideal for his setup vs the other two.

Slot is a complete waste of airspace in comparison and no where near as efficient which is out of the question when OP has next to no airspace. SSA subs need airspace, my Zcon 12 didnt come alive until 3.25 cubes.

sonos are still 10 and 8, there is no 9, which looks ideal for his setup vs the other two.
Actually if you go into a building supply store you'll notice many tubes nested inside each other. Actual inner diameter of them varies a bit. You could very probably go into your local big box home improvement store and find one with exactly 9" inner diameter if you cared. At this point OP really only has the airspace for a 15 and anything he does will not function very well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.