Box for ssa evil 18... help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Actually if you go into a building supply store you'll notice many tubes nested inside each other. Actual inner diameter of them varies a bit. You could very probably go into your local big box home improvement store and find one with exactly 9" inner diameter if you cared. At this point OP really only has the airspace for a 15 and anything he does will not function very well.
Your right on that it’s really about perfect for a quality 15

So aeroport is more ideal for my set up since I am limited on space?

Yes I could do 6 cubes max on this trunk. It’s a pretty big trunk. I could even do up to 7 cubes.

But I need space for my battery so I’ll be doing 6 cubes. Would this be ok?

Or I could just go ahead do the 7 cubic feet and relocate the battery elsewhere.

So aeroport is more ideal for my set up since I am limited on space?
Yes I could do 6 cubes max on this trunk. It’s a pretty big trunk. I could even do up to 7 cubes.

But I need space for my battery so I’ll be doing 6 cubes. Would this be ok?

Or I could just go ahead do the 7 cubic feet and relocate the battery elsewhere.
External port and vent through rear deck ..do away with the rear 6x8s ..if set up right you’ll never hear them anyway and your bass can vent into the cabin that way

External port and vent through rear deck ..do away with the rear 6x8s ..if set up right you’ll never hear them anyway and your bass can vent into the cabin that way
So do an external port shooting through the rear deck. Won’t this require me to do a hole on the rear seats though? I say this because the rear deck is not on top of the box so the external port is going to curbed up in order to reach through the rear deck

So do an external port shooting through the rear deck. Won’t this require me to do a hole on the rear seats though? I say this because the rear deck is not on top of the box so the external port is going to curbed up in order to reach through the rear deck
Curves won’t hurt it’s all in the length that matters ... and doing twin ports you shouldn’t have to worry about a big 9” port ..maybe two 6’s or 5’s ..I don’t have my chart in front of me to calculate what you need that would be equivalent to the single 9” Jeff was talking about

sonos are still 10 and 8, there is no 9, which looks ideal for his setup vs the other two.
Slot is a complete waste of airspace in comparison and no where near as efficient which is out of the question when OP has next to no airspace. SSA subs need airspace, my Zcon 12 didnt come alive until 3.25 cubes.
Go to Home Depot and take a tape measure. Sono tube will say 8” and they will measure all different from like 8”-9.5”.... they aren’t exactly 8” ... U can prly find a 9” one

Go to Home Depot and take a tape measure. Sono tube will say 8” and they will measure all different from like 8”-9.5”.... they aren’t exactly 8” ... U can prly find a 9” one
Actually if you go into a building supply store you'll notice many tubes nested inside each other. Actual inner diameter of them varies a bit. You could very probably go into your local big box home improvement store and find one with exactly 9" inner diameter if you cared. At this point OP really only has the airspace for a 15 and anything he does will not function very well.
You guys beat me to it. Sonos never come in the exact size they are sold as, it's usually +/- .5 - .75 inch.

You guys beat me to it. Sonos never come in the exact size they are sold as, it's usually +/- .5 - .75 inch.
I thought that too but Jeff usually knows everything ..about 6 months or so ago I recommend a nice JVC double din deck loaded with all the good features one could want and told the person it was a nice SQ deck and Jeff chimes in putting it down saying I didn’t know what I was talking about ...and now he’s on here telling everyone how great the JVCs are for the money ..which they are good decks for the money but I knew this way before he started pushing them ..I’m always reading up on specs of new products ..I have nothing against him but he seems to always want to be a know it all and thinking everyone is wanting a top notch SQ system ..that most people will be streaming compressed Bluetooth music through that doesn’t have no sq what so ever ..

Curves won’t hurt it’s all in the length that matters ... and doing twin ports you shouldn’t have to worry about a big 9” port ..maybe two 6’s or 5’s ..I don’t have my chart in front of me to calculate what you need that would be equivalent to the single 9” Jeff was talking about
Why does the length of the tubes matter? Would they affect the tunning?

The length is what effects the freq tuning ..all I like fooling with are slot ports and know how they work ..and even though they are junk look at most of the prefab box’s they all use slots it would be a heck of a lot simpler to drill a single hole and put a tube in it than to make all the cuts for a slot ..it’s really common sense ..when they can show me 100 first place trophies and plaques like I have ..I feel they know fully what they are talking about ..but back to yours ..I’m pretty sure Aeros or rounds work different on tuning than slots but they would work a lot better in your application because it would be easier to get each one into the back deck ..one on each side ..I don’t know the specs of your sub but a DD 9518 in a 6 cu ft internal box would work best with a port opening 96 sq inches and 22” long ..I’d assume your sub would have similar specs ..

I thought that too but Jeff usually knows everything ..about 6 months or so ago I recommend a nice JVC double din deck loaded with all the good features one could want and told the person it was a nice SQ deck and Jeff chimes in putting it down saying I didn’t know what I was talking about ...and now he’s on here telling everyone how great the JVCs are for the money ..which they are good decks for the money but I knew this way before he started pushing them ..I’m always reading up on specs of new products ..I have nothing against him but he seems to always want to be a know it all and thinking everyone is wanting a top notch SQ system ..that most people will be streaming compressed Bluetooth music through that doesn’t have no sq what so ever ..

Yea I'm not saying he isn't full of knowledge but there are things he says that I don't necessarily agree with. Maybe tone down the ego just a bit. I picture him as a big loud meathead wearing a 'Tapout' shirt in person. I could be wrong lol.

The length of the tube in relation to the cross section area and volume of the box is what give you a specific tune.

Yea I'm not saying he isn't full of knowledge but there are things he says that I don't necessarily agree with. Maybe tone down the ego just a bit. I picture him as a big loud meathead wearing a 'Tapout' shirt in person. I could be wrong lol.
I can tell he knows a lot ..and can be very helpful to people at times ..I sure don’t know everything and enjoy learning new stuff everyday my self

The length of the tube in relation to the cross section area and volume of the box is what give you a specific tune.
pretty spot on LOL

The length is what effects the freq tuning ..all I like fooling with are slot ports and know how they work ..and even though they are junk look at most of the prefab box’s they all use slots it would be a heck of a lot simpler to drill a single hole and put a tube in it than to make all the cuts for a slot ..it’s really common sense ..when they can show me 100 first place trophies and plaques like I have ..I feel they know fully what they are talking about ..but back to yours ..I’m pretty sure Aeros or rounds work different on tuning than slots but they would work a lot better in your application because it would be easier to get each one into the back deck ..one on each side ..I don’t know the specs of your sub but a DD 9518 in a 6 cu ft internal box would work best with a port opening 96 sq inches and 22” long ..I’d assume your sub would have similar specs ..
Well I’m paying someone to make me the box

I am confused now. What do you mean by slot port?

All this sounds too complicated I should just put the **** box in the back seats lol

I really want too do what you suggested. Putting a tube through the back deck to get all the pressure inside the cabin. I’m willing to take out the back seats if possible in order to accomplish this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.