Box for a ssa zcon 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass Addict
10+ year member

Hell on wheels
Tennessee
So i was experimenting with the positioning of my xcon 10 over the weekend.box has been facing the rear door for the last 7 years.i tried it sub up port up and i like the overall output better so it stays so now i have room for a 12.when i had this box made by cscstang,i still had all the plastic junk still in the truck on the back wall under the window.

well as you can see,that has been dealt with.so i will post some pics and maybe someone could help me figure out the dems i need,height length,and width tuned to 36 htZ using my aero ports.i have tried every which way to get a hold to cscstang to no avail.

so lets get started.dems are 21 1/2" long,17 1/4" tall and 12 1/2"wide tunes to 36.aeros on the box are 12" long and 4" wide.these dems are taken from the way the box sits as you are looking at it in the truck.any help is appreciated.in other words,i want the zcon 12 in a exact box like this tuned to 36 htz in 1.75-1.85 cubes...i can go 22 3/4" towards the small battery,i can go up to 2" up towards back window and 2" more towards seat.if need be.
0114231323_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 1215221128_HDR.jpg
    1215221128_HDR.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 43
  • 1230221630.jpg
    1230221630.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
So i was experimenting with the positioning of my xcon 10 over the weekend.box has been facing the rear door for the last 7 years.i tried it sub up port up and i like the overall output better so it stays so now i have room for a 12.when i had this box made by cscstang,i still had all the plastic junk still in the truck on the back wall under the window.

well as you can see,that has been dealt with.so i will post some pics and maybe someone could help me figure out the dems i need,height length,and width tuned to 36 htZ using my aero ports.i have tried every which way to get a hold to cscstang to no avail.

so lets get started.dems are 21 1/2" long,17 1/4" tall and 12 1/2"wide tunes to 36.aeros on the box are 12" long and 4" wide.these dems are taken from the way the box sits as you are looking at it in the truck.any help is appreciated.in other words,i want the zcon 12 in a exact box like this tuned to 36 htz in 1.75-1.85 cubes...i can go 22 3/4" towards the small battery,i can go up to 2" up towards back window and 2" more towards seat.if need be.
With all you are saying I looked everything over, mayhap you have dual 3" Aeros instead of 4". The flaring is a different diameter than the actual tubing. I'd guess CSCStang probably used dual 3" Aeros, if dual 4 were used at 12" long in that airspace your current tuning would be awfully high. If dual 4" were actually used they'll need be to be over 25" long ea to hit close to where you think you're currently tuned in the airspace you listed.

In that space you listed this is the best I could come up with quick and dirty. It's small airspace-wise but is the tuning you want. A Zcon-12 is pretty beastly and to do it right I'd find more space, build it beefier and tune it a little different. This is single .75" materials only. The sub basket will protrude past the baffle edges slightly and the cutout may bite slightly into the front/rear panels if the cutout is over 11" which it probably is (11.125"-11.25"). Is it optimum?.. no. Will it work?.. yes. The only thing I'd add is a dowel to brace the front/rear panels .
VCBAgP.jpg

I'd do somewhere around 2.25ft3 net /w/ 35-40in2 of port tuned around 34hz myself. Double baffled and braced it would be much larger than this quick and small design.

In that space you listed this is the best I could come up with quick and dirty. It's small airspace-wise but is the tuning you want. A Zcon-12 is pretty beastly and to do it right I'd find more space, build it beefier and tune it a little different. This is single .75" materials only. The sub basket will protrude past the baffle edges slightly and the cutout may bite slightly into the front/rear panels if the cutout is over 11" which it probably is (11.125"-11.25"). Is it optimum?.. no. Will it work?.. yes. The only thing I'd add is a dowel to brace the front/rear panels .
VCBAgP.jpg

I'd do somewhere around 2.25ft3 net /w/ 35-40in2 of port tuned around 34hz myself. Double baffled and braced it would be much larger than this quick and small design.
Awesome thx for the help but i want to use aeros instead of slot.ill check again.yep they are 3" aeros...so,if i had a box like you suggested with two aeros like i have now,what would be the dems on that ?.would have to see that before i make my decision to go to the zcon.i know that bish weighs 70lbs

Last edited:
With a Zcon-12 in mind I'd forget the 3" Aeros and go with a single 6" in 2.25ft3 tuned 34hz. It would be easiest to side fire the port/sub up as well as get rid of the potential bends. Remember you'll need to accommodate to make extra space avail for the enclosure. Keep depth to 13"-13.5" and your 6" Aero will fit side fire. The enclosure will be a lot wider than 22.75" (28"?ish). However if you use the rake of the seats more airspace will be available. Just random thoughts here... contact me thru Pm for a full design if interested.
Forget those 3" Aeros... 14in2 of port is WAY under ported and will hit compression early even on a 1.5K amp. Power the sub /w/ amp that will do it justice (2.5K-3K) and under porting it would be BAD.
Aeros have set port area and can limit your options at times. I'd suggest a single 6" Aero in your case in the proper airspace. It's right where it'll need to be. 27in2 vs 14in2 is a no brainer in your case.
I'm just drawing on exp w/o doing the whole thing and posting it online.
Hmu if you'd like someone to help with the design.

Ok thx.i am not home atm but i will pm you.yes i can go to 28".i would just have to relocate the battery holder.28" is my limit tho.i really want port and sub up like i have it now,i feel that a side port will go back to some cancellation.anyway,i will holla when i get home.thx for the help.

Here is a design a guy made for a sa 12 in the same truck as me.

Attachments

• 1009221956_HDR.jpg
    1009221956_HDR.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 1009221955a.jpg
    1009221955a.jpg
    902.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1009221955.jpg
    1009221955.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
cscstang strikes again.now waiting on the zcon to be built as well.2.4 net tuned to 36

Attachments

• zcon box.jpg
    zcon box.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 26
  • zcon box 2.jpg
    zcon box 2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 29
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...