box for (4) kicker comp 10's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sinister86
10+ year member

hey box building friends,

im planning on getting 4 kicker comp 10s and i want them in a ported box in my 86 buick gn. for ported they need about 1.3 cu ft a piece but i was wondering what i could get away with if i made it a single chamber box. (i dont want all the walls because i dont want the weight, come on, i drive a gn i have other interests besides car audio, vroom vroom) ok sorry about that, anyway what would the box have to be to be a single chamber ported, volume wise. is 3.5 or 4 cu. ft too little? let me know,

Taylor

if the manufacturer reccomends 1.3 cu ft... that is what the woofers will sound best in

if u put 4 in one box and port it

you should have 5.2 cu ft and figure out the port dimensions to for it to sound best

i wouldnt go any smaller than 4.5 cu ft... try to come up with some design to get it as close to 5.2 as possible

hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.