Box design help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
well if you add another wall inside at the port going up almost to the top, to where the air only has about a 3 inch slot all the way across to get out of and then down out the port hole i think it will slam.

well if you add another wall inside at the port going up almost to the top, to where the air only has about a 3 inch slot all the way across to get out of and then down out the port hole i think it will slam.
u mean continue it up to the back plate then up to the top in like a "L" shape?

ok this is going to be looking down from the top of the box, keep your design like it is but the thick black line is the wall im talking about bring it up on the inside of the box almost to the very top leaving about a 3 inch gap between it and the top lid.View attachment 26540086

ok this is going to be looking down from the top of the box, keep your design like it is but the thick black line is the wall im talking about bring it up on the inside of the box almost to the very top leaving about a 3 inch gap between it and the top lid.View attachment 26540086
okay i know what u mean looks cool.. so u want it to go right on the port across the box n cut off right before the top plate?

have u ever seen this before?? n how would i calculate this?

yea make that wall im talking about to the port hole to where the air has to go out the gap at the top and down to get out the port hole. and yes ive seen it done the old school Virtual Tech boxes was made like that. and they would make a 10 sound like a 15. as far as calculating i have no idea lol.

yea make that wall im talking about to the port hole to where the air has to go out the gap at the top and down to get out the port hole. and yes ive seen it done the old school Virtual Tech boxes was made like that. and they would make a 10 sound like a 15. as far as calculating i have no idea lol.
do not listen to this guy. pm me if you want a free design. I will need the vehicle, power, woofers, and desired results of the enclosure along with any other notes you see fit to add.

do not listen to this guy. pm me if you want a free design. I will need the vehicle, power, woofers, and desired results of the enclosure along with any other notes you see fit to add.
i never claimed to be a pro im only going by the boxes that ive heard and seen how they was built, but just curious to whats wrong with my idea. ? i like vt boxes myself.

i never claimed to be a pro im only going by the boxes that ive heard and seen how they was built, but just curious to whats wrong with my idea. ? i like vt boxes myself.
your idea is just plain stupid. I think you are trying to talk about a 6th order but I am not quite sure.... your "wall" inside the enclosure is going to severely interfere with tuning..

whats a 6th order ? and if i remember correct bc its been years thats just the way the vt boxes was built. its basically a big L shape in side the box. but it will be tuned high.

Wow, I guess I have to say it.. but I agree with Danger, this guy is going to have you all jacked up on your tuning and cost you valuable airspace.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.