Box design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jinx8402
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
RI
i wanted to know if anyone would mind helping me make a design for a box for 2 "12 infinity kappa perfects. this is my first time building a box, and tecniques would be helpful too. i plan on using 3/4 mdf. if u want the specs go here: http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Boxes%20and%20Parameters/KAPPA%20PERFECT%2012-1%20Enclosure%20Sheet.pdf i want a sealed box to fit in a 92 grand prix 2 door, also i want the two chambers to be seperate....i dont have the dimensions off hand but will get them if u need to know...thanks

hi.

i am also quite new to this whole box story! try download a program called "BassBox Pro" i heard its really good!

1) always keep your box air-tight !!!! esp if its not ported! i like to seal all cracks with silicon.

2) use screws NOT nails. (i heard liquid nails is very good)

3) always take into consideration the trunk space you have to play with.

happy building, let me know how it goes!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i know the dimensions of the box i wanna make now....the only thing is that i dont really know what angles to cut the pieces at. i tried the blaubox, but it is really vague and i couldnt really tell which pieces were which. if some one could help me out that would be cool....i am making a wedge shaped box, the dimensions are 15x15x10x12: HxWxD1xD2. also what tool would u suggest i use. i would really appreciate your help

Go to the local library and check out books on geometry..then to the store and pick up a protractor and compass...Thats the best advise I can give it will help you emmensly(sp?) What I found to work pretty well with nothing to measure angles with is to add an inch on the bottom for every inch you take away from the top..It will keep you in the ballpark after figuring out what dimensions you want to use..

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.