Box design help L7s

FergyFresh

Ok so I need some help with designing a box for my subs, I'm looking for more SQ so I'm ditching my ported box. So to start i contacted kicker and had them send me all the T/S parameters for my pair of 2008 s12L74's kickers, their site is a bit vague on specs...

i got a reply but the info they sent me is a bit confusing, have a look....View attachment 26541758

I don't recognize a lot of the parameters

Also, I'm using BassBox pro 6. Or should I be using something else?

When I had my L7, I used WINISD and built a sealed box at first but later ended up using a ported box and from what I've read online most others seems to agree that they sounded best in ported. I did 32hz and I don't recall it sounding any less accurate..at least from what I could notice but definitely seemed more powerful.

I dunno, maybe it's me but I think they need to go back to their old Solo's or push their Solo classic more. Hard to beat the small boxes those things worked well in.

Someone else here is likely far better to advise you than me though.

i just need help with the T/S parameters.

i also find it odd that if i use kickers recommended volume of 2 cu.ft for a single woofer i get a completely different Qtc value in bassbox.

I am right in the middle of a build for an L7 15". Built a test box (sealed) and it sounded pretty solid at 3 Cu. Ft. (per Kicker's specs). Not the best SQ out there, but not horrible either... Going to build a ported next, and I'll let you know what happens. It'll be a few days before I get back to that project though.

U will not get much sq from a l7 no matter how awesome the box ..to be totally honest
yes i realize that these speakers are not designed with sq in mind, that doesn't mean you cant try to make them sound as good as possible.

I may end up doing the 2cu.ft sealed for each woofer that kicker recommends and see how that goes.

If i ever need to take them out of my trunk for extra room it'll be a lot easier removing 2 smaller boxes than one large one...

sinful, let me know how that works out for you. the spec im looking at for the 15 states a max of 6cu.ft tho, where did you find your values?

seems there is a lot of variation with kickers. do they change their specs every year? lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.