Bought two used subwoofers with enclosure, 2 different subs

Here are some pics if you guys want.

bigc9731

bigc9731

bigc9731

my friend has had a very bad experience with the newer punch subs not good quality idk by no means is this a post dumb just from what I've heard they are not good they sound thin to me and. Mods this is not a post dumb. I would sale. And go with some db drive k3s or k5s or something just my two cent.

Use em why not you already purchased them on the dvc wire the coils in series then wire the subs parallel. Should see a 2 ohm final load to the amp. They may b different year model subs. I have an old rf p1 8 ohm 100 rms from back in the day the newer models are 200 or 250 on the same versions @ 4 ohm.

I'm not following.... on the dvc sub, 2+2= 4 ohms-----------> paralleled to the already single 4 ohm sub....would result in 2 ohms final....and equal power to both subs since they're each at 4 ohms individually...
yeah, but in physics when you wire in series you will see different voltages to (if the imedence on each coil is different) in parralel all different ohm vcs will see the same voltage. not to sound like a d bag but i am on my 4th year for my mechanical, and electrical engineering degree.

yeah, but in physics when you wire in series you will see different voltages to (if the imedence on each coil is different) in parralel all different ohm vcs will see the same voltage. not to sound like a d bag but i am on my 4th year for my mechanical, and electrical engineering degree.
U dont sound like a d-bag bro I'm always down to learn something.

I know voltage is constant in a parallel circuit. But I was thinking more of in respect to each sub as opposed to each coil. Even if u were to parallel each coil, the 2 ohm coils would see more power still than the 4 ohm one. Voltage would be equal but current wouldn't....atleast from my knowledge.

Ok so if i decide to keep them (im not sure if i want to sell or use them at this point), how should i wire them and what would the total rms watts be to find an amp? Sorry but im a noob at this lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.