Bought set of tweeters, very quiet sound... are they blown/broken?

I have these old school USA made subs,in 2.0 cu ft tuned @32HTZ Per chamber,on the New American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1d mono amps @2ohm,one amp per set of subs,and running the 150.4 Mini Hybrid VFL also,and running an Autotek BTS 7050 on the Kicker TweetsView attachment 26539928

I am running one set of the Kicker KS25 tweets in the A- pillars, one set of CDT in armrest pillar, and a dedicated tweet on a CDT Briaxl 6.5, on each door,and a 6.5 CDT Cl-60..I couldnt hear the Infinity Kappas/CDT/Polks/Massive/JBL/Beyma/DLS/a few other tweets in the A pillars.But these KS25 are in your Face! which is what I needed, and can adjust off my preamp EQ

I am running one set of the Kicker KS25 tweets in the A- pillars, one set of CDT in armrest pillar, and a dedicated tweet on a CDT Briaxl 6.5, on each door,and a 6.5 CDT Cl-60..I couldnt hear the Infinity Kappas/CDT/Polks/Massive/JBL/Beyma/DLS/a few other tweets in the A pillars.But these KS25 are in your Face! which is what I needed, and can adjust off my preamp EQ
Man.. that is a serious setup! How do you like the 4 10's setup compared to any other sub setups you've had in the past? I have 1 boston G3 right now tuned to about 33hz giving it about 500w but my car is pretty small so it does me well. I've always wanted to try out a few 10s though.. i love the range they have.

Pretty Insane in an Xcab truck! Ive got deadner through out, and it still moves some panels,roof ect..Dash kinda scares me at times,moves so much that I feel like the Air bags may go off! LOL..1000rms DVC 2ohm Audiobahn AW1008t 10s.USA Made/Discontinued

that's pretty nutty... maybe i'll have to go for 2 10's someday here soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

In 1989, (I had a 10/10in set up in a bed of a 1987 Toyota single cab with a matal Snugg Topthat I sealed with fiberglass insulation, and 1/2 plywood, and a spring loaded window Boot..That was the loudest system Ive ever had to date, with 1 vii Colossus,1 Vulcans,1 Odin, and 2 Plutos.with all JBL Mids and Highs.I dont have that kind of money these days to do that,and up in age for all that work involved..lol..

that's pretty nutty... maybe i'll have to go for 2 10's someday here soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Two good tens with the right air space will perform just as well as a pair of 12s..Ive been asked if I was running 4 15s when I drove up one day,running a pair of Old school Autotek BTS 7150 BTS amps@2ohms Mono@50%gain..lol

That sounds like one cool truck... I'm not familiar with what colossus vulcans odin and plutos are... subs or amps?

This was before I was even born.. Lol

That sounds like one cool truck... I'm not familiar with what colossus vulcans odin and plutos are... subs or amps?
This was before I was even born.. Lol
Yes..amps..Hifonics VII Series amps made By Steve Mantz/Zed,some true work horses:D

Right on! Hey i had a question.. regarding airspace, if you were to put 2 10's into a single chamber box compared to a similar 2 12's... what generally would be the trend for best performance? As in tuning and cu. feet

Right on! Hey i had a question.. regarding airspace, if you were to put 2 10's into a single chamber box compared to a similar 2 12's... what generally would be the trend for best performance? As in tuning and cu. feet
That may be something you would have to ask a builder.It really depends on the type /brand of subs being used as well,and tuning,By specs, but we all break the rules when it comes to specs.Specs are a basic guide for us to go by I feel.i myself ,do not like a Shared Chamber.I dont like subs moving in the same space, as well, as if one goes, You really dont have a choice to run a single sub very well with the other sub in the same airspace/not made for a single sub.It gives you options running a single chamber in my opinion.Most tens Ive ran really like a single chamber of 1.2-2.0 cu ft ported to approx 32-38 htz.Yet, it will depend on the sub,.Id ask some of the Box builders to get a Straight answer.

Yeah I never really thought about that chamber theory that makes sense though. Thanks for all the advice! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I think the problem you're running to (OP) is that of matching the levels of different kinds of speakers with each other. Remember that your door speakers and tweeter may have different sensitivity. It's hard to believe that a tweeter can have such a low sensitivity, as a raw tweeter without passive crossover parts can get very loud on line 10 watts of power. However, you need to remember that these tweeters come with an in-line crossover network, which among other things may have some resistors for tweeter attenuation.

Adding a tweeter to a sound system with coaxial speakers is a mistake number 1 of car audio in my book. The issues you're observing are the reason I don't like the idea of just throwing a random tweeter into a sound system if you're not running active. You can have all sorts of weird interactions, even with matched levels (tweeter playing too low, not playing low enough, etc). If you're running active, you have the power to adjust the level as well as crossover slopes etc. But if you're not running active, the best you can do is to buy a component set. This will ensure that the passive crossover network was (hopefully) designed to match the level of tweeters with the supplied woofers. Of course, a lot of passive crossovers also get it wrong. This is why bi-amp or running active is a better way.

Mlstrass brings up a good point. With the 80prs im easily able to mute each rca out and its weird hearing how thin and tinny sounding tweeters are. Then when everythijg is playing together it sounds great
Exactly. I run an 880 and when tuning do the same, mute mids/subs/tweets one at a time. I have 18 supertweeters off around 2000watts and by themselves they're not very loud at all.

Once OP gets it all playing at once I think it'll be fine...

New Kicker® KS25 Car Stereo Audio 1" Titanium Dome Tweeters 300W 11KS25 Pair 713034020424 | eBayYou want a tweeter that you can hear?These are it..Ive tried so many different tweeters in my pillars, it stupidly rediculous.Ive blown tweets ect, but I went right back to these, and couldnt be happier.you put 40-50+ on these jokers, and they do nothing but SCREAM!!Yes sir $100 bill, but well worth the money,and will be the last set of tweets you ever buy.Ive heard the ones you have..Not impressed by any means,fine to add/enhance for a bit of highs, but just that ..enhance.I run my tweets at and around 10k up to 17k even,but mellow around 12k seems to be great for a wide range of music in my set up/@0db.Sell those tweets, and put the funds towards these..you will never be happier,,You put 100 rms on them,,They wiil peirce,cant sit near them.lol
I would love to throw 300watts at those kickers and see how fast they smoke. NO normal tweeter will handle that kind of power, maybe some huge horn bodies.

So you have them high passed at 10Khz? That's what it looked like you said.

OP there are better tweeters out there for $100 if in fact that is really the issue....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.