Bought set of tweeters, very quiet sound... are they blown/broken?

you've never heard just tweeters playing and expected more, happens all the time. People seem to have no idea how little sound comes out of just tweeters.....And I run a ton of supertweeters and by themselves it's still not very loud.
Play them WITH the coax's and you should notice a diff up top, but if you need more overall volume then get better speakers/more power...
This was what I was beginning to think as well. Thanks for the answer

Amp should be good for thst freq range as 4 channels are designed to run mids/highs usually. Audison is a higher end brand but u can normally find a good deal used. As most companies they have lower end lines on up to high dollar.

Not sure on budget but most that run the ID ctx series rave about them. Also the jbl ms series i believe it is gets great reviews. If willing to spend over 2 or 250 then the options are wide open

Any suggested brands for a good component set? Could it maybe be that my 4 channel full range amp simply doesn't cover >7k very well?
No, even a mediocre amp isn't going to do that. Stay tuned for component suggestions, lol. People love to suggest here... For what you want, maybe the infinity components would do you well. What amp are you using? You probably want more than 50 watts a channel If you're looking for louder highs. I know my old 40x4 wasn't cutting it.

Mlstrass brings up a good point. With the 80prs im easily able to mute each rca out and its weird hearing how thin and tinny sounding tweeters are. Then when everythijg is playing together it sounds great

No, even a mediocre amp isn't going to do that. Stay tuned for component suggestions, lol. People love to suggest here... For what you want, maybe the infinity components would do you well. What amp are you using? You probably want more than 50 watts a channel If you're looking for louder highs. I know my old 40x4 wasn't cutting it.
I'm currently using a Rockford prime 300.. it's really worked great for me with the coaxials. In certain places in the car there are major quiet spots.. especially in the back combined with the road noise. I will probably just have to upgrade to a component set sometime soon.

New Kicker® KS25 Car Stereo Audio 1" Titanium Dome Tweeters 300W 11KS25 Pair 713034020424 | eBay

You want a tweeter that you can hear?These are it..Ive tried so many different tweeters in my pillars, it stupidly rediculous.Ive blown tweets ect, but I went right back to these, and couldnt be happier.you put 40-50+ on these jokers, and they do nothing but SCREAM!!Yes sir $100 bill, but well worth the money,and will be the last set of tweets you ever buy.Ive heard the ones you have..Not impressed by any means,fine to add/enhance for a bit of highs, but just that ..enhance.I run my tweets at and around 10k up to 17k even,but mellow around 12k seems to be great for a wide range of music in my set up/@0db.Sell those tweets, and put the funds towards these..you will never be happier,,You put 100 rms on them,,They wiil peirce,cant sit near them.lol

They are connected to his amp. Being 8 ohms might have something to do with it, if that were the case.Also, what amp do you have OP?
It's the Prime 300 that i mentioned a few posts back... 50x4 at 4 ohms and the tweets are 4 ohms

New Kicker® KS25 Car Stereo Audio 1" Titanium Dome Tweeters 300W 11KS25 Pair 713034020424 | eBayYou want a tweeter that you can hear?These are it..Ive tried so many different tweeters in my pillars, it stupidly rediculous.Ive blown tweets ect, but I went right back to these, and couldnt be happier.you put 40-50+ on these jokers, and they do nothing but SCREAM!!Yes sir $100 bill, but well worth the money,and will be the last set of tweets you ever buy.Ive heard the ones you have..Not impressed by any means,fine to add/enhance for a bit of highs, but just that ..enhance.I run my tweets at and around 10k up to 17k even,but mellow around 12k seems to be great for a wide range of music in my set up/@0db.Sell those tweets, and put the funds towards these..you will never be happier,,You put 100 rms on them,,They wiil peirce,cant sit near them.lol
Man I wish i went with those LOL.. they look great. But in the meantime I don't have an amp to give them even the 40/50 that you suggest... I definitely will remember those though for my next setup..

Cant go wrong with those Tweets at all..After you hook those up, you will never buy another.i thought I could find a better tweet that would keep up with my 4 tens..not so..These do though,and easily.Worth every penny:)

Cant go wrong with those Tweets at all..After you hook those up, you will never buy another.i thought I could find a better tweet that would keep up with my 4 tens..not so..These do though,and easily.Worth every penny:)
What 10's do you have, what amp do you hook up the tweets to and how many of the tweeters did your car need?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.