capacitor choice for tweeters in parallel/midrange horns?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RSDXzec
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Australia
I recently got my hands on some midrange/tweeter horns and I'll be putting them in my car soon but i'm not sure what capacitors to use for them.

I have a pair of super tweeters 2k-22khz that I want to wire in parallel. Each of them came with 2.2uF caps and if I wired the caps in parallel i'd have 4.4uF. My reasoning behind having the tweeters in parallel is to reduce the impedance as they are rated at 4-8ohms. What single cap should I use to have these in parallel?

The other pair are horn midrange/tweeters 800-15khz which didn't come with caps at all, so what size caps would I use either for both on their own or together wired in parallel? These horns are also rated impedance at 4-8 ohms.

Using a capacitor calculator only confused things more for me, considering the first pair of tweeters go down to 2khz but came with 2.2uF caps. According to this Car Audio - Speaker Crossover Chart and Capacitance vs. Frequency Calculator(High-pass) that's a hpf at 9034hz

Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.