BOSS, car radio install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

stangit

Question: I own a 1999 Honda Accord. About 5yrs. ago I had Best Buys replace the original unit, ‘which had a cassette player’, to a Pioneer unit with a CD player. They replaced the larger cassette assembly so a “Single Din” unit with a small catch tray filled in the larger opening. (I’m assuming the hard work here, has already been done). The CD portion of my Pioneer unit has broken. So I picked up a BOSS DVD4200B- CD/DVD/MP3, etc…player. The Boss unit comes with the plug-in assembly for the rear of the unit. My question is, do I need to buy another adapter plug harness, that plugs into the original Honda harness or can I use the Honda harness that Best Buy added to wire-up the Pioneer. In other words, just cut the wires where they crimped or used wire nuts, & just crimp those wires to the Boss unit? I’m basically re-using the add-on harness Best Buy charged me. I’ve never done this before, but I’ve watched plenty of YouTube, so it looks fairly simple. Just seeking some more experienced advice on this one issue. PS. (Does the battery really need to be disconnected? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.