Boss audio amp protection mode HELP!

msassman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 12, 2019
United States
Recently i put in a second amplifier to power 2 8 inch kicker subs as well as my 2000 watt boss amplifier the second amp i put in was free because it was broken and i temporarily repaired it so i could blow it out (which i did) but now for some reason when i hook up the 2 8in it started throwing the boss amp into protection mode, eventually even after removing said 8's it still throws it into protection mode with the same 12 inch sub thats been on it for a year. now its at the point where the amp wont even start it immediately goes into protection mode. Please help!!! there is no way this amp is starting to go bad already its only two years old :(((((( ive tried the most basic stuff i could to help it since im not well off in the audio aspect of cars, ive adjusted the levels on the amp to bring them down (thinking maybe its overheating and causing a trip in the circuit) i thought it needed to be away from the heat so i bought some metal to cover it until i found some fans or something im so lost with these problems

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
ok here is a step-by-step process of what you need to to
after removing power wire from battery, uninstall the boss amp, remove from vehicle, walk over to trash can, open trash can, toss in boss amp. get online and purchase a real amplifier.

OP
M

msassman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 12, 2019
United States
ok here is a step-by-step process of what you need to to
after removing power wire from battery, uninstall the boss amp, remove from vehicle, walk over to trash can, open trash can, toss in boss amp. get online and purchase a real amplifier.
Haha, i know i know it was a purchase made by a dumb 16 year old me just wanting decent bass, but i havent been able to look into better amps atm because im working on other parts of my vehicle, do you have any suggestions for an amp? Ive got a 12 in gothic i think its 2500 peak and 2 8 inch kickers which i believe are 1500 peak (the gothic is a cheap walmart amp because i wanted to see how long it would take to blow it out and its actually holding up more than i thought)

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
if the amp does nothing but goes right into protect chances are you blew mosfet(s) in that case the amp is a paperweight and or possible a an anchor but probably not cause boss amps probably don't weigh much. honestly the dual amp that Walmart sells for $60 is a better amp just find someone to set your gain properly or watch a youtube vidya and get a FREE multimeter if you have a harbor freight wherever you are and do it yourself.

Reactions: msassman

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds