Boss audio amp protection mode HELP!

msassman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Recently i put in a second amplifier to power 2 8 inch kicker subs as well as my 2000 watt boss amplifier the second amp i put in was free because it was broken and i temporarily repaired it so i could blow it out (which i did) but now for some reason when i hook up the 2 8in it started throwing the boss amp into protection mode, eventually even after removing said 8's it still throws it into protection mode with the same 12 inch sub thats been on it for a year. now its at the point where the amp wont even start it immediately goes into protection mode. Please help!!! there is no way this amp is starting to go bad already its only two years old :(((((( ive tried the most basic stuff i could to help it since im not well off in the audio aspect of cars, ive adjusted the levels on the amp to bring them down (thinking maybe its overheating and causing a trip in the circuit) i thought it needed to be away from the heat so i bought some metal to cover it until i found some fans or something im so lost with these problems

ok here is a step-by-step process of what you need to to
after removing power wire from battery, uninstall the boss amp, remove from vehicle, walk over to trash can, open trash can, toss in boss amp. get online and purchase a real amplifier.

after removing power wire from battery, uninstall the boss amp, remove from vehicle, walk over to trash can, open trash can, toss in boss amp. get online and purchase a real amplifier.
Haha, i know i know it was a purchase made by a dumb 16 year old me just wanting decent bass, but i havent been able to look into better amps atm because im working on other parts of my vehicle, do you have any suggestions for an amp? Ive got a 12 in gothic i think its 2500 peak and 2 8 inch kickers which i believe are 1500 peak (the gothic is a cheap walmart amp because i wanted to see how long it would take to blow it out and its actually holding up more than i thought)

if the amp does nothing but goes right into protect chances are you blew mosfet(s) in that case the amp is a paperweight and or possible a an anchor but probably not cause boss amps probably don't weigh much. honestly the dual amp that Walmart sells for $60 is a better amp just find someone to set your gain properly or watch a youtube vidya and get a FREE multimeter if you have a harbor freight wherever you are and do it yourself.

Suggestions for bass?

Ive got a 1995 Camaro whic has TTOPS so it's technically a hatch back if that would change the audio quality, I made another post asking for help for my cheap amp and Walmart speakers but the next time summer rolls around I plan on putting in 2 12s and 2 8s does anyone have any recommendations? (Yes I know this is overkill my current setup is pretty overkill for cheap parts but I have hearing problems with high range freq so I like an unreasonable amount of bass), also I'm assuming while running that many bass speakers I would probably need like a capacitor or something??

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I have never seen a good “Boss” anything!
There like one tiny step up from Pyramid...if even that! Throw that junk where it belongs, and learn!

Why be a Dikkhe@d? If that was in his budget or if he just decided what he wanted, that's his business. If you don't want to answer the question keep your mouth/keyboard to yourself. What an @sshole!

Haha, i know i know it was a purchase made by a dumb 16 year old me just wanting decent bass, but i havent been able to look into better amps atm because im working on other parts of my vehicle, do you have any suggestions for an amp? Ive got a 12 in gothic i think its 2500 peak and 2 8 inch kickers which i believe are 1500 peak (the gothic is a cheap walmart amp because i wanted to see how long it would take to blow it out and its actually holding up more than i thought)
You don't have to apologize for your purchase. If he's not paying your bills, who the F is he to talk smack? I hate those type of people on forums...

Why be a Dikkhe@d? If that was in his budget or if he just decided what he wanted, that's his business. If you don't want to answer the question keep your mouth/keyboard to yourself. What an @sshole!
Dead thread and cheap Boss amps are known for going into perma-protect and not worth repairing. Bring in the goat!!!

You don't have to apologize for your purchase. If he's not paying your bills, who the F is he to talk smack? I hate those type of people on forums...
macho-brag-macho.gif

Dead thread and cheap Boss amps are known for going into perma-protect and not worth repairing. Bring in the goat!!!

Boss makes the best amp Eva! They never go into protect, only way that happens is if something else is wrong and the amp is saving humanity! I’m sick of all this disinformation (sarcasm x ♾️)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...