BOSS Amp

Wramos18

I bought a Boss PH4.600 Phantom 2400 Watt Mosfet 4-Channel Bridgeable Amp to power temporarily a Kicker 10 TCVT12 4-Ohm 12" a couple of horns and a super tweeter im running this on a 2003 honda civic so i figured i needed a capacitor i bought a 2 farad cap. What are your opinions?

Ditch the cap and that amp. I dont know if you know this but caps will ruin your battery anmd alternator.. Also BOSS is the worse car audio maker of this time!

That amp might put out 300 watts and its not going to be clean watts

i knew you were going to see this thread.
I showed it to him! =o

To the OP: They're right. Boss amps are bad, along with most of what you can get at Walmart. There are several stickies around the discussion forums explaining specific issues with different components of car audio. Look around at the build logs for good equipment ideas, or build ideas. Post in the discussion or help forums if you need help picking out something.

Most of all though, just remember to browse the forums. You'll find out pretty quickly what's overpriced, what's useless, and also what everyone else likes. There are many knowledgeable people here to help. There are also classifieds(which I'm sure you've already seen), so you can sell, buy, or trade your audio that you no longer need. Most of the people here are respectful and give out factual information, and some of it is biased. Welcome to CarAudio.com!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.