Blow thru help?

Participant count
  • Participant list
2 completely different subs you have with very different box requirements.Those L7s would be very loud in a blow through design at around 12 cubes tuned to 35 HZ. The Memphis subs will likely need a much smaller box and possibly a lower port tuning.

2 completely different subs you have with very different box requirements.Those L7s would be very loud in a blow through design at around 12 cubes tuned to 35 HZ. The Memphis subs will likely need a much smaller box and possibly a lower port tuning.
I get all that but I need to make a decision on which 2 to use and I need a cut sheet so I can build the box I'm inching so bad to get that boom in my S10 agian

I get all that but I need to make a decision on which 2 to use and I need a cut sheet so I can build the box I'm inching so bad to get that boom in my S10 agian
If the truck is not used to haul alot, then it does not matter which set you use. I would personally pick the Memphis. IMO, Kicker has lost it's shine of the good ole Stillwater Designs days.

been like 20 years since i did just that. 2 l7 15s, 1000watt soundstream usa made amp, 12cu tuned at 34, iirc, that 2 separate vented to the middle. i belive it was 8cu in front of that, and a crawlthrough of like 3.5-4square foot. 143db under/around 30hz. looked like it wanted to destroy my cab. wipers went flying, sunroof pulsing over 2"..... but thats an 8th order. if you just want a blow-through bandpass, id still go with the kickers. the heavy, stiff cones are good for decent resonant pressure and moving air. last one i did, i think it was 1.5x front volume as rear, could be 2, but it was a quad cab f350, so theres a lot of cabbin space vs a single cab s10. i can tell you that those cabs are pretty solid, though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...