blacking out headlight and taillights.

I live in NY, 20% tints all around except windshield. Only place I ever experience cop trouble is on the thruway sometimes (I-87). I also have cherry red taillights that I did myself and in my opinion looks a lot better than blacked out lights. I think blacked out lights look corny and cheap, but that's just me

its illegal in ny. ftl! oh well still gettin 5% tint in back, 15% on sides, and 35% on the windshield!
I know mad people around here and Roc with blacked out taillights that get away with it all the time, just not headlights. Most people want them the brightest they can get

haha i read that wrong.. Yes you can use 30%... my bad.in idaho we are only allowed to do 35% but i do 15% or lower and never get pulled over.... im sure you'd be fine doing like 20%
If the law states that "70% of light must come through on the front sides and back sides"... then you CANNOT LEGALLY use 30% tint!!!

30% tint means only 30% of outside lights goes through the tint. NOT 70% LIKE THE LAW REQUIRES.

Know your tint before you post!

does this have any effect on seeing at night? i know having tinted windows has an effect, but im only going 35% so it wont be a problem, but with the blackedout headlights and 35% tinted windshield propose a problem?
YES, it will pose a problem with seeing. 35% windshield will be darker at night than you think, at least until you get used to it... blacked out headlights will cause your lightbeam to be dimmer, thus making it harder for you to see at night while driving... that and the fact that they are ugly.

i have tinted tail lights and 3rd brakelight.. not black, but a dark cherry red. they came out great and the brake lights shine trough.

Hello Community Members,

Many people black out their tail lights to make their cars stand out. This can be done in many way--paint, tint and tape. The safest way, which is reversible, is to tint the headlights.

1. Take out the tail lights and place them in an area where you can work and not damage yourself or anything around you. Place any screws you had to remove in a safe place.

2. Clean the tail lights with window cleaner and clothes and dry them.

3. Clean the tail lights with rubbing alcohol to remove film and buildup that has accumulated. Allow them to dry or dry them with a cloth.

4. Lightly sand the lights a few times.

5. Shake the tint spray vigorously and spray the lights from approximately six inches to one foot away until you achieve the desired tint.

6. Peel off the tape you placed on the rear lights. Spray a light coat on these. Allow the paint to dry.

7. Replace the lights on the car.

Best Regards,

Anthony Martello //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Motorcycle Lights LED

Hello Community Members,
Many people black out their tail lights to make their cars stand out. This can be done in many way--paint, tint and tape. The safest way, which is reversible, is to tint the headlights.

1. Take out the tail lights and place them in an area where you can work and not damage yourself or anything around you. Place any screws you had to remove in a safe place.

3. Clean the tail lights with rubbing alcohol to remove film and buildup that has accumulated. Allow them to dry or dry them with a cloth.

5. Shake the tint spray vigorously and spray the lights from approximately six inches to one foot away until you achieve the desired tint.

6. Peel off the tape you placed on the rear lights. Spray a light coat on these. Allow the paint to dry.

Best Regards,

Anthony Martello //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Motorcycle Lights LED
bump old ass threads much?

Taillights you probably wont get messed with...
i'm gonna bump this thread as well..

i've only gotten pulled over once for "tail lights being too dark"' date=' but i easily got out of that ticket.

Hello Community Members,

Best Regards,

Motorcycle Lights LED
if you're referring to VHT Nightshades, the spray can be removed with gasoline //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Falcons

5,000+ posts
that **** i dont like
Falcons
Albion, New York, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date