Big-time customer/ Big time problem

Diagnosing a problem takes a little effort.... what have you done so far?
Ive had the car for two days and have tried a bunch of things.. The first was to change the amp.. Second was to look over all the connections on all wires, rca's power ground speaker etc..

Have plugged each rca one at time as well as speaker wire.. Still engine noise

Have ran ground loop isolators same problem

have ran new rcas outside of the vehicle from hu to amp same problem

Have tried it with key turned forward but not running same problem

Have tried it with key turned backwards no problem

Have tried a rca to 3.5 directly into the amp no problem

Only thing i havent tried that i want to is unplugging this kenwood and trying a new kenwood radio

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

the issue goes away when you disconnect the rca cables right? if so then its the rca cable, rca run or the headunit.
Yes it stops with no rca's plugged in and ive tried new rca's and it was still there

has to be the radio. try a different one and not use the ground in the harness. fords have horrible grounds in the radio harness try a different power source as well..maybe from the iginition itself

Marauder's are notorious for this. If you look under the hood, where there should be a factory braid cable to ground the body to the engine, and then the factory braided wire to attach the engine to the frame, you will see it is nonexistent. I don't know why they left them off those cars. If your ground is not looped back to the alternator, you will continue to get the whine.

Marauder's are notorious for this. If you look under the hood, where there should be a factory braid cable to ground the body to the engine, and then the factory braided wire to attach the engine to the frame, you will see it is nonexistent. I don't know why they left them off those cars. If your ground is not looped back to the alternator, you will continue to get the whine.
Im gonna look into this.. Only thing is the equipment worked fine until i switched out for the new amp.. Realized that the amp wasnt the problem put the old amp back in and the same thing

I've never had good luck with using the harness ground. I had some serious whine in my nissan when I did it. I ran a separate ground to one of the screws holding the headunit mount in place and it solved the problem.

Set your meter to measure AC, start the car, measure AC voltage at the main battery under the hood. If your measured AC voltage is greater than .7 volts with the car running, it is an alternator problem! Probably a rectifier diode going bad. Most of the Fords I owned over the years were known for having pathetic alternators that bled out excessive AC voltage.

While in theory, your batteries should filter this out, many times a capacitor will take care of a good bit of the ac ripple let out by the Ford alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.