Big-time customer/ Big time problem

MerkConvoy501

Senior VIP Member
Conway AR
So i have one of my top costumers come in. He has a t1500 and a kenwood xr400-4.. When he first came in his kenwood amp would shut off when you would turn up the t-1500 lc-1. So i swap out the amp for him just because he thought his kenwood amp was bad.. So i hook up the new kenwood amp and i still have the shutting off problem..But know there is also whining in all his speakers.. I cant get the whining out.. Ive tried sni-1 which is a ground loop isolator ive tried plugging each speaker one at a time. Ive tried new rca's and also tried using a different hu.. After doing a little research im starting to think its a alternator problem.. Any suggestions or pointers.. His cars been in my shop going on two days!!

Where and how are the amps grounded? How and where and what size is the power wire? What's his electrical look like? What upgrades have been done and what kind of car?

what vehicle? where are the grounds located? how long are the ground runs? where are the gains set at?

what is the volume of the radio vs. the max volume?

Where and how are the amps grounded? How and where and what size is the power wire? What's his electrical look like? What upgrades have been done and what kind of car?
Its a 2006 Mercury Marauder. 4 gauge.. Electrical is stock..

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

We didnt do the install... He has a installer that he hired personally

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

The radio can be at 1 and as soon as you plug in a speaker there is engine noise

the amps are grounded to the extra kinetic car audio batteries

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I will check that and let you know.. Ive tried to amps one new and one used.. So i dont think its the amps

I appreciate the help 2 btw and will post what the problem is when we figure it out. This guy has like 15 cars with the best equipment i sell in all of them and from the hu to the speakers to the amps and everything. I really want to figure it out because at first his only problem was the kenwood amp shutting off when the subs were playing to loud.. and know he has bad engine noise and the new kenwood amp is still shutting off.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Pioneer deck? I had that exact problem a while back. i had whining on all speakers including subs. I had to ground the RCA's to the chassis of my hu.
No a DNN991 and i have a ground loop isolator and it doesnt do nothing

sounds like an RCA issue. have you tried running new RCAs?

Also something to try to figure it out is take an mp3 player and use a 3.5mm to rca adapter and plug it directly into the amp. you can then see if the noise is from rcas/hu or if the noise is in the amp/electrical system

sounds like an RCA issue. have you tried running new RCAs?
Also something to try to figure it out is take an mp3 player and use a 3.5mm to rca adapter and plug it directly into the amp. you can then see if the noise is from rcas/hu or if the noise is in the amp/electrical system
I have ran new rca's same problem

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Im going to try the rcas to aux test give me sec

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.