big PROBLEM!

kottonmouth
10+ year member

my Dynasty is a dynasty
Ubly, MI
heres the problem. i persoally think my amp is blown, but i want to make sure. heres the deal: my amp started to quit on me and the protection light would go on. i took out my subs and checked my wiring. i hooked my amp and subs back up and turned it on and there was nothing except a buzz coming out of my subs. could my subs be blown? or is it the amp?

i have a Visonik V800XD (mono amp) with 2 12" JBL GT's hooked up at 2 ohms. I know its not my ground. All the wiring is secure and good. There is no sound coming out of my subs except for a a buzz which isnt very loud at all. Should I take a voltage tester to my amp and check all the connections and then take another amp and hook them up to my subs to see if they work.

Yeah I would definitely test your voltage, I believe the amp is not giving out any power, you mentioned your protection light came on, turn the gains down all the way, or try wiring to a 4-ohm load, if it works, then your amp has about had it. I had the same problem with an amp. If it doesn't work, check your subs, just to be on the safe side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.