big 3 question(pics included)

If your using the KLMX line (copper clad aluminum) then your fuse should be 250A. Read the description of the wire, it states how much current the wire is rated for.

Other than that it looks fine. Got a tool or plan for how your going to crimp those terminals?

wait is that bad?
It's bad if the wire is touching anything that can rub through the jacket. The hood is generally ok, but when you run a wire through the door jam it ends up getting pinched by the door and the wire shorts.

If your using the KLMX line (copper clad aluminum) then your fuse should be 250A. Read the description of the wire, it states how much current the wire is rated for.
Other than that it looks fine. Got a tool or plan for how your going to crimp those terminals?
no? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif please explain what you're talking about!

that ^ cant you use crimpers? or whatever they are..im confoosed.

that ^ cant you use crimpers? or whatever they are..im confoosed.
What kind of crimpers do you have? Your standard crimping tool usually only crimps up to 10 gauge. That's some heavy duty crimping right there. Most guys use a table vice, screwdriver, and hammer. I've got a tool that's specific for it. Your best bet is to search around (the forum) for different methods of crimping.

What kind of crimpers do you have? Your standard crimping tool usually only crimps up to 10 gauge. That's some heavy duty crimping right there. Most guys use a table vice, screwdriver, and hammer. I've got a tool that's specific for it. Your best bet is to search around (the forum) for different methods of crimping.
i had to crimp my 4 gauge wire to the ring terminals didnt I? thats crimping isnt it?

and whats the difference between using eyelit terminals and ring terminals?

Yes 2 fuse holders and 2 fuses. Put them as close to the battery as possible. Their purpose is to protect the battery in the event of a short.
Obviously a lot of people don't use them, but that's because not many people have problems, it's the handful that do that will be lucky they spent 15$ on a fuse holder...I mean you don't HAVE to fuse your main power wire either, but if you accidentally short it, you'll be lucky you did...
It's not to protect the battery, it's to stop the car from bursting into flames. Fuse your freaking power wires.

if installed correctly you do not need a fuse. the stock wiring isnt fused, is it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
and besides, the wire is rated for approx 3xx amps- there is no way you will endanger overloading the 1/0 unless it is shorted.
You're an idiot. Stop giving people horrible advice. Anything this kid says should be forgotten

You're an idiot. Stop giving people horrible advice. Anything this kid says should be disregarded
glad I wasnt about to do it then..lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

bubba sounds like he knows what hes doing though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.