No Bus

TeZ
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Delavan, WI
well.. I hooked up my CD player today in my 2002 jeep Liberty. Got her all in nicely and when I turned the ignition I heard a pop and all lights power etc went out. I turned the ignition off and back on and there was nothing, no lights, ignition, power, nothing. I checked and replace all faulty fuses and now my car runs fine all lights in working order BUT my display does not work.. the odometer reads NO BUS, and the gas, RPM, speedometer, coolant temp, do not read anything. The check engine light, oil, gas, lights all come on every time I turn the car on.. I disconnected the power to the battery and the negative as well and still no luck.. LMK if anyone knows whats up.. I'm praying its not something w/ my cluster //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Thanks for any input!

same thing happened with my car. But no head unit pop. It was a fuse. are there any under hood or in the car you did not check?

no man, I popped the hood checked ALL fuses.. Pulled out every single one and even replaced some that looked old just because.. I looked in the interior panel and all are good to go.. I filled up on gas today so I won't have to worry about running out I guess for now :\

well.. I hooked up my CD player today in my 2002 jeep Liberty. Got her all in nicely and when I turned the ignition I heard a pop and all lights power etc went out. I turned the ignition off and back on and there was nothing, no lights, ignition, power, nothing. I checked and replace all faulty fuses and now my car runs fine all lights in working order BUT my display does not work.. the odometer reads NO BUS, and the gas, RPM, speedometer, coolant temp, do not read anything. The check engine light, oil, gas, lights all come on every time I turn the car on.. I disconnected the power to the battery and the negative as well and still no luck.. LMK if anyone knows whats up.. I'm praying its not something w/ my cluster //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Thanks for any input!
Call a cab.

Fixed.

/thread

NO BUS is short for no business.

as in you have no business installing CA related equipment.

there has to be a fuse out somewhere you must of missed one. use a test light with a good point on the end and check EACH side of EACH fuse. something is blown.

I don't even know what that is.. I've never had to deal with this type of electrical before!! Please explain!!! Thanks

the canbus is a system used in newer cars that ties the radio in with the cars computer. from the sound of it it sounds like you didn't. did you get the correct wiring kit for your car before trying to hook up a new deck?

the canbus is a system used in newer cars that ties the radio in with the cars computer. from the sound of it it sounds like you didn't. did you get the correct wiring kit for your car before trying to hook up a new deck?
Yes I used the correct wiring kit and used Jeep's wiring code.. I didn't use the harness for the canbus lol.. I'm tryin to figure this out.. I'l try it again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.