big 3 question(pics included)

glad I wasnt about to do it then..lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
bubba sounds like he knows what hes doing though.
well at least I sound like I know, hehehe

what about heatshrink tubing? do I need any of that for my 0 gauge? and whats the difference btwn eyelit terminals and ring terminals?

what about heatshrink tubing? do I need any of that for my 0 gauge? and whats the difference btwn eyelit terminals and ring terminals?
Heatshrink will seal the connection and make it look nicer but is it necessary? No

Also, idk the difference, those terminals certainly look like ring terminals...

Heatshrink will seal the connection and make it look nicer but is it necessary? No
Also, idk the difference, those terminals certainly look like ring terminals...
ah okay..and dont I need some battery terminals also? where can I get those from..I need some cheapos.

Fuse your wire going from amp to battery ONLY...the 3 wires your going to upgrade for the alt to battery and 2 ground wires do not need a fuse.

Also the battery terminals...what? You just need terminals for the battery...and their like $6 each at a auto parts store...

dont I need some for having the 4 gauge hooked up now and then when I do the big 3 ill have 0 gauge hooked up to the same terminal wont I? I will need a battery terminal that has a 0 gauge slot and 4 gauge. right or wrong?

Fuse your wire going from amp to battery ONLY...the 3 wires your going to upgrade for the alt to battery and 2 ground wires do not need a fuse.
Also the battery terminals...what? You just need terminals for the battery...and their like $6 each at a auto parts store...
your late..im already fusing the bat to amp and I will be fusing the big 3..read OP's

dont I need some for having the 4 gauge hooked up now and then when I do the big 3 ill have 0 gauge hooked up to the same terminal wont I? I will need a battery terminal that has a 0 gauge slot and 4 gauge. right or wrong?
It depends on what your battery terminals look like right now. If they have a bolt you can attach a ring terminal to then your fine...

Do I not need battery terminals for using 4 gauge from bat to amp and 0 gauge going from alt to bat? how will they both fit w/o a bat terminal?

Do I not need battery terminals for using 4 gauge from bat to amp and 0 gauge going from alt to bat? how will they both fit w/o a bat terminal?
What?

Them ring wire thingy bobbers should fit on the terminals...depending if the terminals arent stripped like mine were to where you cant get a nut on the top part of the terminal to hold the ring(s) in place...

What?
Them ring wire thingy bobbers should fit on the terminals...depending if the terminals arent stripped like mine were to where you cant get a nut on the top part of the terminal to hold the ring(s) in place...
so let me get this straight..your saying I can hook up my 4 gauge wire with the ring terminal to the positive battery AND right in front of that I can also put a 0 gauge ring terminal right in front of it with the 0 gauge wire and bolt them both together to the positive terminal on the battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.