big 3 ho alt lights still dimming. help!

Xjeff
10+ year member

So I recently bought a 240 amp ho alt and bought a new 's power big 3 kit to go with it. Took my alt to my macanic told him I needed a smaller belt since the pulley was smaller on the ho alt. He said no problem I can do that. Got my car back and he just swapped the pulleys. I argued with him for some time and he do ally agreed to only charge my half. Could that be the problem? Im running a hifionics d 1500 amp for my sub. It has a total of 140 amp (70x2 fuses) draw and then a hofionics 4 channel for fronts rear speakers with 50 amp draw (25×2fuses). No other things running my lights on my dashboard flicker and shake to the bass. I tested all my grounds with a dmm and they all came up with .2 or less resistance. Using a xs power d925 battery only thing that would fit the stock location. Any suggestions on what to do next?

I got my old alt back with smaller pulley installed on it. So I have the small pulley still but I don't have the tools to do the swap or how to measure the belt size I need, hence why I went to a professional who ended up not being so professional after all

Most ho alts will have smaller pullies than a stock alt also a 240 amp alt is a conventional style alt so your only getting 120 amps at idle. But this can be where the issue lies , where's your car idle at ? And what car ? Also I can be that if the ecm controls the alt that can be a factor

Battery is sitting at 12.5v and with the car on its 14.7v so they're both working but I have a feeling the altgiant spinning fast enough with the larger pulley on it to make the power it says it can. Going to measure current pulley size and the smaller one and see how much smaller of a belt I need to order

Voltage at the amp is 14.6 ish volts until i play music then it drops on bass notes using 0 gauge from battery to a disto block then 2 garage to both amps.

Most alts iv put on I didnt need a smaller belt because the tensioner still made it tight . Tell dude to put the smaller pulley back on. I think its pretty messed up he did that without telling you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.