Big 3 + to alt fuse?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gh0st

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I know there are some threads on this already but I’m looking for a specific answer regarding my setup, I’m doing a big 3 upgrade with 4 awg wire, should I fuse the battery to alternator wire, and what size/type considering 4 awg, also I’m not replacing factory wiring just adding to it, any help is appreciated.

I know there are some threads on this already but I’m looking for a specific answer regarding my setup, I’m doing a big 3 upgrade with 4 awg wire, should I fuse the battery to alternator wire, and what size/type considering 4 awg, also I’m not replacing factory wiring just adding to it, any help is appreciated.
No need to Fuse the Alternator wire to Battery. Ive never had any issues.. EVER. Fuse the Supply wiring from Battery to amplifier. no need to remove existing wiring from alternator or grounds. Just Add the Big3 to those locations necessary.(Alternator to battery, Ground battery to engine Block, and Battery Ground to frame/Shock blot or Strut bolt

All surfaces need to be cleaned off of any Painted surfaces and Use Ring terminals highly recommended so the connections are solid.

The reason for the fuse is to protect the battery if you have a short. Most cases its a short and sweet trip to the battery. If you have one in the trunk.... fuse it.

Thanks, I’ve just heard people say you need to and then many say you don’t, want to do everything the best I can to protect the car, electrical, and the amplifier. And yea I’ve cleaned the paint off to bare metal, using copper ring lugs, sprayed rust preventative clear coat over the connections, just have the power wire left, my car requires removing TB and intake manifold to access alternator power contact, so I’ll be finishing this weekend. I appreciate the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...