Beware - Car Audio Dealers - Amazon Seller

Hmmm...so according to the logic in this thread......I should get some cheap china speakers that look good, play half decent, charge a small fortune for them and tell everyone you get what you pay for. Cause that's what all the major players do......

Calling ******** on this. I could see counterfeit 700 $ components but why a set that can be had for 150? People make fakes of expensive things... you see fake louis vatton, not fake old navy.

Calling ******** on this. I could see counterfeit 700 $ components but why a set that can be had for 150? People make fakes of expensive things... you see fake louis vatton, not fake old navy.
Exactly what I was thinking. Nobody is going to bother counterfeiting some cheap Alpine speakers. I also agree, buy local or from an authorized dealer however. Dealers aren't trying to rip people off(most), they mark up their products for customer service, warranty, and to make a living...yes, some shops are shady and mark up over 100% but you'll learn who to go to and who not to buy shopping around other authorized dealers.

if you bought it from amazon, amazon will fix it. did you email amazon?
He didn't buy from Amazon, he bought from a seller on Amazon. Amazon doesn't really care that much and warns you about purchasing through third parties on Amazon somewhere on their site. There's tons of sellers on Amazon that you can buy from that aren't authorized.

Example: bought my warhorse through a company (topedgeonline) that was on Amazon, however, before I even sent them any of my money, I emailed them through Amazon asking if they were an authorized seller of Kicker (in case anything bad happened, which it did). They emailed me back saying they were authorized. Long story short, the amp was DOA, which i didn't realize until I actually had time to install it on actual subs 6-7 months later (it powered up, no protect, which I knew because I tested it when I got it, but no output). Had a terrible time dealing with Kicker's warranty service, mainly because topedgeonline was not an authorized online dealer- they're a brick and mortar audio shop in colorado if I remember correctly that is authorized to sell kicker's products in store, but not online. Long story short, the people that I talked to over at Kicker were not too happy to find out about the shop's dealing of unauthorized selling of their merch with full warranties and so on (on the invoice sent to me which was sent to Kicker, they had also made a Top Edge Online graphic). Almost had to pay $435 to fix a "New" amp I hadn't even used.

from my experience with purchases made through dealers on here and other car audio sites, it's a completely different experience than b+m stores. Good, products, prices, cs, and reassurance.

Exactly what I was thinking. Nobody is going to bother counterfeiting some cheap Alpine speakers. I also agree, buy local or from an authorized dealer however. Dealers aren't trying to rip people off(most), they mark up their products for customer service, warranty, and to make a living...yes, some shops are shady and mark up over 100% but you'll learn who to go to and who not to buy shopping around other authorized dealers.

I'm just roporting what happened to me. Whether or not they were just defective or counterfeit, I'll never know because the seller never responded back to me. Another reason I was given a refund. The company ignored my phone calls and emails.

I've learned my lesson from bargain hunting though.

I'm just roporting what happened to me. Whether or not they were just defective or counterfeit, I'll never know because the seller never responded back to me. Another reason I was given a refund. The company ignored my phone calls and emails.
I've learned my lesson from bargain hunting though.
like i said amazon will refund you the money even though you bought from 3rd party since you bought in from amazon

Sometimes local audio shops try and hustle you though. I went to one a few weeks ago looking at comp sets and dude was telling me I need to buy two set and a powerful 4 channel amp to get true surround sound that " true audiophiles " need lol. I left right away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Knowmadic

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Knowmadic
Winchester, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date