trunk cars

jdawg90
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
alberta
Is having a box in the trunk that takes up pretty much the entire trunk's airspace a bad idea when going a sub up/port back configuration? I can fit 2 15's in my trunk if I do subs up port back, but the boxwould take up the entire trunk (I mean there is not much room left AT ALL).

That's what I was thinking, I could do them sub/port forward and seal off the trunk.

you could do 4 8's and it would SLAM. Depends on how much money you wanna spend too.
That was the original plan. I bought 2 sa-8's and a saz-1500d planning to double up but I'm not sure if I wanna go that route or some other route

I have my setup sub up port back in my car and it still slams
Yeah, but how big is your box?

I'm just weighing my options right now. I could fit a 18 sealed off from the trunk, but that is exactly what basshead did and I'd like to do something original. I'd like to do 15's if that setup wouldn't hurt me over going with smaller subs/more airspace in trunk. Also considering 4 sa-8's or 2 x-10's in a 4th order sealed off.

Is having a box in the trunk that takes up pretty much the entire trunk's airspace a bad idea when going a sub up/port back configuration? I can fit 2 15's in my trunk if I do subs up port back, but the boxwould take up the entire trunk (I mean there is not much room left AT ALL).
how much space will you have between the port and the back of the trunk?

If your goal is purely loud it will probably be ok but when the box gets too big for the trunk it tends to hurt the lower notes in my experience. Cabin gain down low will be better using 12's or 8's or 10's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.