better brands than jl.

you going for loud(spl) or you going for sound quality(SQ)? Lows or punchy bass?

you got sundown SA 12s or SSA Gcons or incriminator flatlynes, Digital Designs 3512 Soundqubed hds200/hds300, FI X12s, Obsidian OA 12s, DC audio level 3, for a mix of SQ and SPL, ALL THESE COMPANIES MAKE EXTREMELY GREAT AMPS TOO! much better deal and quality then that JL amp.

Dayton HO/Ultimax, image dynamics IDQ/IDmax, for SQ

For the money their are definitely ways to achieve more SPL. Nothing wrong with JL though. Just alittle pricey, and the dealers that carry JL over praise it.

The answers to your question will vary greatly depending on what forum you post it in...there are (brand) names that you'll see recurring heavily in this forum. Like wise there will be a whole different set of names that you would see if you posted this question in say DIYMA.com

Not to say anything is wrong or less 'better' than JL about these brands...just keep in mind the source of the info will vary depending on the crowd you ask.

In my opinion you should stick with the JL12w6...it's a proven SQ performer. I have yet to read a bad review of a JLw6. There's a reason it's one of the most popular drivers out there...and it isn't because of clever marketing. I have never used the JX series amps...but I will say I have never used a JL product that didn't at least live up to what it was advertised to do...and do it well. That being said 500watts per sub on 2 12w6v2's would be one heck of a sub system.

If you're really wanting to try something a lil different but stay SQ oriented then maybe check out the Incriminator Audio Flatlyne series...it's an underhung design that still has a good amount of output. Doesn't require huge airspace or power.

Another consideration would be something from TC Sounds with an LMS motor/coil...they are a few brands/models that incorporate this design. Very low distortion, and lots of output...usually require a good bit of power though.

I would urge you to do some research and know what you're buying and why. Just my 2cents.

What you buy depends on several factors. The amount of money you have. It for SPL or SQ. What kind of inclosure are you using. And the amount of power being used. What do you like. That's important thing.

I myself when I get started building my next install. I will be using two 112w6 v3 -D4 and two HD 900/5 But that's what I like. Their are many good brands out there that build a good product like JL Audio. You can't go wrong with JL. So now it's your choice.

I bought the soundqubed and i'm really not that happy with it just putting it out there. I would rather have my old type x back then the 2 12" hds 200 series i have

you going for loud(spl) or you going for sound quality(SQ)? Lows or punchy bass?
you got sundown SA 12s or SSA Gcons or incriminator flatlynes, Digital Designs 3512 Soundqubed hds200/hds300, FI X12s, Obsidian OA 12s, DC audio level 3, for a mix of SQ and SPL, ALL THESE COMPANIES MAKE EXTREMELY GREAT AMPS TOO! much better deal and quality then that JL amp.

Dayton HO/Ultimax, image dynamics IDQ/IDmax, for SQ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.