better brands than jl.

hows your set up looking right now? what dont you like about it?
Here is a cross post, It hits lows well but everything else sounds like junk. I had Boomsday build the box like everyone told me 35hrtz 5^ft was a epic pain in the *** to install and would much rather have bought a premade. So no i'm thinking about shoving a blanket in the port to get some tighter bass.... so i spent 190 on subs 200 on amp 135 on box and 70 on wiring and i hate my system would much rather bought used type r's off craigslist and nothing i can do now...

Here is a cross post, It hits lows well but everything else sounds like junk. I had Boomsday build the box like everyone told me 35hrtz 5^ft was a epic pain in the *** to install and would much rather have bought a premade. So no i'm thinking about shoving a blanket in the port to get some tighter bass.... so i spent 190 on subs 200 on amp 135 on box and 70 on wiring and i hate my system would much rather bought used type r's off craigslist and nothing i can do now...
Good subs but they're definitely purpose built and that purpose isn't sound quality from what I've experienced with them. What size are they?

so pretty much what i'm getting from you is, that you didnt want lows, and you wanted midbass included with your subs... shoulda specified. Would have done better with a 3-4 cubic foot box tuned to 40 hz. I think your used to the prefab sound where its boomy in the upper bass region, light lows but works better with rock, metal and EDM.

Tried playing around with the positioning of the box? facing it up with sub and port loading off the trunk lid gives tighter bass and more midbass response, to the rear of the trunk gives more low end response, and Walling it off firing it into the cabin gives the fullest effect of all the spectrums. Try playing around with that first, gonna be a pain but you'd be surprised what you gonna get. Do you even have any means of the sound to enter into your cabin?

EDIT: nvm just saw your need help thread... many problems wrong with your settings atm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.