Best use of this trunk space?

I’m not a fan of SSA woofers do to the old school tinsle leads and limited excursion. They just seem dated to me. They do sound good and a decent woofer but just not up to par with today’s big boys. I would take a single sundown Xv2 over a SSA icon or xcon all day... 1 12 in a big ported box will hammer. U could even take one of your gcons out of that sealed box and throw an aero port in it and see how a single 12 ported is going to do ya. It would give you somewhat of an idea
Lol and your X wouldnt touch above 60. Ssa subs are fine and their tinsel leads were a past issue that has been dealt with. Diff subs for diff purposes. Dont even compare them.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Lol and your X wouldnt touch above 60. Ssa subs are fine and their tinsel leads were a past issue that has been dealt with. Diff subs for diff purposes. Dont even compare them.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Ive owned

Icons

Xcons

Zcons

And I would still take a sundown xv2 or zv4 or zv5 over all three of those. It’s not like I haven’t used them. And don’t get me started about SSA wait time. I’ve waited over two months for recones before. Yaaaa no thanks

Nice! ya i tried facing my current box into the cabin wasnt as loud (but wasnt sealed off or ported either haha)
yeah i had same thing gotta seal it to know how good it'll sound i ain't never done it either.. y not make a ported box for 1 gcon..

also the box u made looks fine.. u should make another one just about like that for 1 gcon (size it for gcon and 2 subs u would like to buy later) and stick a round port in it., see what that sounds like if it's better than the 2 sealed u can sell them and get better sub if u want or just keep it as is..

Nice! ya i tried facing my current box into the cabin wasnt as loud (but wasnt sealed off or ported either haha)
Back to the OP's situation, personally if it were me, I'd use the box I have and try to port that one... IDK, since it's cheap and easy maybe a pair of sch 35 4" PVC around 12-13" long should tune it fairly low and give it that ported box bump, of course I haven't modeled it (port compression) but if you are gonna throw out the box anyways, maybe it's an interim easy project. For the money, why not?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.