Best Subs Choice

Amp Sundown SCV-2000 @ 1.33 Ohm , Roughly 1500 watts , Box Tuning 30 hertz , Ported 2.5/2.75 Net
3 x 8" sundown E8 V5

3 x 8" soundqubed HDS

3 x 8" sundown SA8 V3

For Music , and to do well on the LOWS
SA 8 for the win. It should always be better than the E when you're talking about the newest generation of each. I have heard really good things about the SoundQubed 8s but I would definitely go Sundown SA

Personally though, I wouldnt go with 3 8s unless height is an issue. 2 10s would be much better. 3 8s is 150 sq in of cone area 2 10s is 157 and youre working with better resistance loads. You can get 2 10s to 1 ohm

My 1st choice is actually AB XD8, SA8 being 2nd choice.
XD8 models up to play flatter across the frequency range and has more output below ~30hz.
American bass spec are prly wrong. I bet if ran the true specs on the AB xd8 specs wouldn’t be so grand. It’s just an off the shelf woofer from China, not saying the SA doesn’t come from over there but the SA 8 is a better woofer

American bass spec are prly wrong. I bet if ran the true specs on the AB xd8 specs wouldn’t be so grand. It’s just an off the shelf woofer from China, not saying the SA doesn’t come from over there but the SA 8 is a better woofer
Based on the power he plans to run the SAs would be under powered. I know the XD isn't anything special but it offers a great value.

My thought was that the SA will not be performing to the best capacity, do too coming up on the short end for power.

That the E8 V5 Will have extra power on tap , and may perform very well with the head room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.