Best Sub under 6" mounting depth

i was gonna say 2 sa 8. but 3 can be good to. and that will sound good ive heard lots of good reviews of that sub. i think thats my favorite 8 inch sub. or maybe idk u can get 2 10 pioneer shallow subs those are like 5 inches deep i believe or close. i had the 12 and it sounded pretty good.

after raising the seat you should have a little over 2 cubes, get 2 sundown sa 8's ported and tuned around 32 and you should be happy. I would even suggest waiting for the 10" ssa icon and only run one sub - Believe me you will be surprised at what these small subs will do. If i didn't think I'd get yelled at by the haters on this forum i would recommend using 2 8w7's. one of my cleanest SQ set ups had 3 8w7's on 1100rms in 2.7 cubes sealed.

When your friends with 12's under there seats are asking you "what the hell you got in there" you'll understand the frustration of some of the guys trying to help. They mean well but are easily frustrated with noobs.

Look around and see what you like.. Look at the sub woofers specifications the VAS QTS XMAX and FS. Look at the quality of construction, Voice coil diameter, number of spiders, spider size, lead connections, basket design construction, cone material and surround material, motor design construction features and weight. I like drivers with high xmax low fs and for your case low vas. Large VC diameter not so many spiders with woven leads, cast baskets, heavy motors with vented pole underhung. If you want me to tell you what to buy I can do that too. But everyone has their own preferences.
yes tell me what you would buy

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Also which amp do you own, I didn't read the complete thread because most of it is pointless. You stated 1250watts but I doubt that it puts out rated.
it's a planet audio 1250w

I don't think he cares. I think he wants us to tell him what to buy.. Better us than the guy who is selling it to him.
Yeah I now understand that 3 12's aren't the way to go and would like you guys to tell me what ya'll would buy.... better than some dude up at the audio shop just trying to move his 4 mtx's off the floor

i was gonna say 2 sa 8. but 3 can be good to. and that will sound good ive heard lots of good reviews of that sub. i think thats my favorite 8 inch sub. or maybe idk u can get 2 10 pioneer shallow subs those are like 5 inches deep i believe or close. i had the 12 and it sounded pretty good.
well I have 4 Pioneer Premier 10's that came from under my silverado seats.. those aren't the Pioneer's you're talking about, is it?

after raising the seat you should have a little over 2 cubes, get 2 sundown sa 8's ported and tuned around 32 and you should be happy. I would even suggest waiting for the 10" ssa icon and only run one sub - Believe me you will be surprised at what these small subs will do. If i didn't think I'd get yelled at by the haters on this forum i would recommend using 2 8w7's. one of my cleanest SQ set ups had 3 8w7's on 1100rms in 2.7 cubes sealed.
When your friends with 12's under there seats are asking you "what the hell you got in there" you'll understand the frustration of some of the guys trying to help. They mean well but are easily frustrated with noobs.
When do the 10" SSA icon's come out and what is it compared to the Sundown 8's and the 8w7? and hands down which would you pick and why? ported sealed?

I wasn't thinking that... That's why I am asking. I am new to this topic that's why I am on a forum ASKING what I should do, So every one of you people that have to comment like this to make yourself seem like you know more about subs then the rest of the world should take it somewhere else.... I know nothing about this stuff that's why I am asking what I should do. wtf is with you people
I didn't say you were thinking that. I wasn't talking to you. I was responding to bechambers80

I'm not dismissing a **** thing. Maybe asking why that's their opinion.. which being questioned is obviously offensive to some of you. I wasn't saying well i've seen 12's in a truck so your wrong and i'm gonna do 12's anyways. I was stating that to get a positive feedback of why that isn't the smartest thing.. but ya'll have to act like sub-gods who can't help anyone out without acting like they're too audio-mighty to educate someone who's already said they know nearly nothing about this...
rrright. Three pages on your thread isn't us helping. Yes, you finally came to the conclusion it can't be done, but page 1 was you arguing mathematics.

Anyhow, glad you understand it can't be done with your application

For the love of God don't take this the wrong way like i'm questioning your recommendation out of disrespect like everyone else on this forum but, Why do suggest SA compared to others?
Bro, relax, he's not talking to you. You are defensive

well I have 4 Pioneer Premier 10's that came from under my silverado seats.. those aren't the Pioneer's you're talking about, is it?
No, he is talking about Pioneer's shallow mount subwoofers. Great shallow mount subwoofers for the price. These would need to be run sealed, as they are not recommended for ported enclosures. Check them out here --> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11652_Pioneer-Shallow-Mount-TS-SW301.html

Look around and see what you like.. Look at the sub woofers specifications the VAS QTS XMAX and FS. Look at the quality of construction, Voice coil diameter, number of spiders, spider size, lead connections, basket design construction, cone material and surround material, motor design construction features and weight. I like drivers with high xmax low fs and for your case low vas. Large VC diameter not so many spiders with woven leads, cast baskets, heavy motors with vented pole underhung. If you want me to tell you what to buy I can do that too. But everyone has their own preferences.
Again, you are talking a different language to the OP. First telling him to use WinISD, now this. You are just cluttering his mind with such advance information, he is not going to be able to process it. Throwing out all of these technical terms is not helping. He said he has little to no knowledge of car audio. So telling him to look at the Vas, Qts, Xmax, FS, basket design, construction, motor design, weight, spider size, VC diameter, woven leads, underhung and overhung motors etc.... is way above his knowledge level. It's above most people's knowledge level.

rrright. Three pages on your thread isn't us helping. Yes, you finally came to the conclusion it can't be done, but page 1 was you arguing mathematics.

No, he is talking about Pioneer's shallow mount subwoofers. Great shallow mount subwoofers for the price. These would need to be run sealed, as they are not recommended for ported enclosures. Check them out here --> Pioneer TS-SW301 (TSSW301) 12" Single 4 ohm Shallow-Mount Sub

Again, you are talking a different language to the OP. First telling him to use WinISD, now this. You are just cluttering his mind with such advance information, he is not going to be able to process it. Throwing out all of these technical terms is not helping. He said he has little to no knowledge of car audio. So telling him to look at the Vas, Qts, Xmax, FS, basket design, construction, motor design, weight, spider size, VC diameter, woven leads, underhung and overhung motors etc.... is way above his knowledge level. It's above most people's knowledge level.
Its called Google Bro. He can research **** if he wants, its an option, he obviously has the time. If he spent half the time reading instead of posting this thread he wouldn't be as clueless.

And most people can tell good when they see it, such as cast vs stamped baskets. Heavier motor vs lighter excluding neodium.

2.5 inch vcoils vs 3or 4..

If you don't want to help.him learn make your subwoofer suggestion and gtfo. Arguing doesn't help anyone. If he goes and buys some **** twelves what's the difference to you?

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

No, he is talking about Pioneer's shallow mount subwoofers. Great shallow mount subwoofers for the price. These would need to be run sealed, as they are not recommended for ported enclosures. Check them out here --> Pioneer TS-SW301 (TSSW301) 12" Single 4 ohm Shallow-Mount Sub

Its called Google Bro. He can research **** if he wants, its an option, he obviously has the time. If he spent half the time reading instead of posting this thread he wouldn't be as clueless.

And most people can tell good when they see it, such as cast vs stamped baskets. Heavier motor vs lighter excluding neodium.

2.5 inch vcoils vs 3or 4..

If you don't want to help.him learn make your subwoofer suggestion and gtfo. Arguing doesn't help anyone. If he goes and buys some **** twelves what's the difference to you?

When do the 10" SSA icon's come out and what is it compared to the Sundown 8's and the 8w7? and hands down which would you pick and why? ported sealed?
The Icons are COMING SOON. Sorry cant give any more info than that because its all I know. I cant compare it to anything else at the moment because its a new design. I had experience with a 12" and a 15" ICON and they rank 1st and 2nd in my top 5 sub list. followed by the 12w6v2, skar vvx, and one of the most hated subs here the kicker L7.

dude unfortunately we can all give you advice but we will never be able to tell you what will sound good to you. You have to start somewhere and I would say that somewhere is with 2 sa 8's ported. If the guys with 12's under there seat sound good to you then you will be blown away by what a pair of good 8's in a proper box will sound like. The JL subs are great subs too but most guys here wont recommend them because of their price.

Last edited by a moderator:
geez.......this thread is a mess.......

If you raise the rear seat you can do allot,my last truck had a 2" rear seat lift and I had

an FIQ 12 under the rear seat in a 2.5CF enclosure.....if you dont lift the rear seat you aint getting ****

under there

geez.......this thread is a mess.......If you raise the rear seat you can do allot,my last truck had a 2" rear seat lift and I had

an FIQ 12 under the rear seat in a 2.5CF enclosure.....if you dont lift the rear seat you aint getting ****

under there
You have a new F150 as well with the same space?

Why did you choose the FIQ 12? just one? ported? which direction is the sub and port firing? would that do better than two sa8's ported? how did you get 2.5, will i get that much if i lift it two inches, bc someone told me that it'd be just over 2 cubes.?

I know it's a bunch of questions but i'd rather you answer them all at once instead of this taking forever by doing one by one.

geez.......this thread is a mess.......If you raise the rear seat you can do allot,my last truck had a 2" rear seat lift and I had

under there
You must not have had a newer f150 bc I think with the seat lift all I have is under 6" of mounting depth, and that FIQ is 7" mounting depth.

exactly how much rom from top to bottom did you have ? I think i have almost ten in the front and 7 1/2 in the back after the seat is lifted 2''.

Can you post pics of your setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.