Best Sub For Spl?best For Sq?

I agree w/ jlman, infinity kappa perfects are amazing subs. They are extremely efficient so they dont require too much wattage to make them slam... rms is 350, max is 1400. Plus they have great excursion... about 14mm or .5 in xmax. If you can find 'em cheap, I'd say go for the perfects.

By Tom Nousaine

I finished the system with a pair of Mirage AVS 200 home-theater speakers on the dash driven by a Bryston 2B home-theater power amplifier (100 watts x 2 into 4 ohms). A high-pass filter provided an 80-Hz cutoff with a slope of 6 dB per octave. The iDMAX was low-pass filtered at 150 Hz at a slope of 18 dB per octave to allow as much upper bandwidth of the sub to help the fronts. The iDMAX was driven by my Crown Macro Tech 5000VZ home-theater amplifier (rated at 5,000 watts x 1). Interestingly, a single channel of that amplifier configured in stereo (rated for 2,500 watts into 2 ohms) was plenty enough to drive the iDMAX to full output.

In-Car Sound Quality

How did the iDMAX12 sound? Spectacularly good. Plenty of detail at all frequencies and at all playback levels with rock, jazz, and classical music. For example, Melissa Etheridge’s vocals were natural and clean on "Similar Features," from Melissa Etheridge (Island). The percussion was crisp with full detail, and I could discern the bassline from the kick drum even as the latter was punching my sternum. It’s hard to imagine any system, home or car, delivering a better rendition of this tune. Likewise, on Carla Bley’s "Copyright Royalties," from Social Studies (ECM), the tuba was full and resonant, the clarinet sonorous, and all of the subtle percussion—particularly the soft brushes in the background—was clearly discernible. On Heart’s "Magic Man," from Dreamboat Annie (Capitol), there was a wonderful sense of every minute detail of the layered mix being perfectly delivered in the presence of the screaming guitar and pounding bass. The iDMAX 12 delivers quite a combo: power, clarity, and nuance.

try that kind of frequency setting on an infinity or an eclipse i guarantee it will sound like crap and this sub prolly has more output..never tested side by side but memory serves me to say this

matt bogardt just sent me the idmax specs lol if i could cut and paste i would this is some scarey sh!t minyard. 1.3 cft sealed box the d4 woofer's -3 db is 10 hz oh and in a 1 cubic foot box it is 14 hz lol and from the looks of it it actually performs as a better sq woofer and an spl woofer in a sealed box lol. hmmmm its even scarier cause images specs are really accurate and their woofers are very dynamic...... yikes!!!

Originally posted by blackgeltabs SPL- Shockers, I love these

SQ- I think the w6 has a nice SQ sound to them especially for the price
norris went back to rockford....shocker opened a "store" somewhere in north west ohio

just dont tell me you think they sound good or ill shoot u in the eye with a rubber band

How did the iDMAX12 sound? Spectacularly good. Plenty of detail at all frequencies and at all playback levels with rock, jazz, and classical music. For example, Melissa Etheridge’s vocals were natural and clean on "Similar Features," from Melissa Etheridge (Island). The percussion was crisp with full detail, and I could discern the bassline from the kick drum even as the latter was punching my sternum. It’s hard to imagine any system, home or car, delivering a better rendition of this tune. Likewise, on Carla Bley’s "Copyright Royalties," from Social Studies (ECM), the tuba was full and resonant, the clarinet sonorous, and all of the subtle percussion—particularly the soft brushes in the background—was clearly discernible. On Heart’s "Magic Man," from Dreamboat Annie (Capitol), there was a wonderful sense of every minute detail of the layered mix being perfectly delivered in the presence of the screaming guitar and pounding bass. The iDMAX 12 delivers quite a combo: power, clarity, and nuance.
Do you work at that magazine, or are you just stealing their reviews audiolife?

stealing a review hmmm i guess when manufactures use these in advertising its stealing to, not to mention whoever wrote it just wrote it to be a private memoir and it ended up in a mag. eheh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.