Best sub for Audison LRX 1.1k?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aygodriver1212

Senior VIP Member
Amsterdam
Hey guys,

I'm back again hunting for a new subwoofer. Got an Audison LRX 1.1k on my hands for just €50, unused, such a bargain. Now I need a subwoofer that can handle it's power.

First of all, I listen to hiphop, lots of low bass tones (madeintyo, Future etc.).

Previously had a Sundown EV2, 500 RMS, but, the amp gives about 1090 watts RMS at 1ohm... So I'm guessing I can do better. I really love Sundown subs but they only offer either 750 watt RMS or 1500 watt RMS, which isn't ideal.

Could run two 10" 500watts but prefer to stay at 1 single sub, prefer 10" (25cm). My budget, just need a good price quality ratio.

Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: I prefer vented boxes, so no closed enclosure subs, looking for EU available brands only!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
I'm back again hunting for a new subwoofer. Got an Audison LRX 1.1k on my hands for just €50, unused, such a bargain. Now I need a subwoofer that can handle it's power.

First of all, I listen to hiphop, lots of low bass tones (madeintyo, Future etc.).

Previously had a Sundown EV2, 500 RMS, but, the amp gives about 1090 watts RMS at 1ohm... So I'm guessing I can do better. I really love Sundown subs but they only offer either 750 watt RMS or 1500 watt RMS, which isn't ideal.

Could run two 10" 500watts but prefer to stay at 1 single sub, prefer 10" (25cm). My budget, just need a good price quality ratio.

Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: I prefer vented boxes, so no closed enclosure subs

With properly set gain, that 750 watt subwoofer would do well on that power, giving you a little headroom.

Why not run a single 15, 2 ohm DVC? Plenty of efficiency and more power handling.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
As I said, my preference goes out to a 10", cleaner sound and takes up less space in my Aygo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sundown is coming out with a U series sub, 1k rms. Above the SA and below the X line.. but its not out yet
Any idea when. Would you recommend getting the 1k rms or the 750 rms?

Two thoughts going through my mind:

1. It makes sense to get the 750, 250 watt buffer is always nice

2. On the other hand, will 750 be a notable difference, wi I really hear a difference upgrading from 500?

I think the 10" will sound different than my 12" but I mean in terms of sound quality and also performance?

No eta on the U yet.
Id have no issue running 1000w to an SA. Ive ran way more than that to them.
So what do you recommend

- wait and get the 1000 watt rms sub

- get the sa, it'll be noticable to go from 500 watt 12 inch to 750 watt 10 inch

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.