Best SQ Setup???

Big vote here for a Mag V4, or two.

Absolutely transparent with little to no tuning. Up front bass is easy with the mag V4. Little low on the output, but I think much of this is mental since how transparent it is.

I still need to try many other subs but for SQ I love the mag.

yeah, if going to SQ i would spend a lot of that on deadener. I would rather have solid doors and mediocre speakers and amp over good speakers in a non deadened door. SQ starts with the front and works its way back.

if you are willing to start out front, if you do some reading, you will find pretty darn fair prices on a DIY front stage. mach5 6.5s and seas tweets active should not break the bank and will sound great with deadened doors.

Read more than this one thread before you spend your money!

you might even want to head over to diymobileaudio to read some things... its more of a SQ environment. check classifieds for your purchases.

order of purchases for sq

high end source with nice processing integrated or external processors.

quality speakers that work well with each other. (can be 2 way or 3 way. I suggest active

deadener and quality cables

quality subwoofer. look for subs that blend well, and are very transparent.

amps are amps. however they are much more if u need their crossovers and if your going all out look for amps with very low thd, high signal to noise ratio and good channel seperation. also class a/b's generally sound better but draw more current

However the truely overrated part of any sq system is the attention to detail and amount of time you put into your install tweaking and eq'ing and tuning your setup

Idmax is one of the best sounding subs ive heard. Mine blends seamlessly with my front stage and can get loud when i want it to.
i cant wait to go IB with mine. hopefully in a few weeks i will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah, if going to SQ i would spend a lot of that on deadener. I would rather have solid doors and mediocre speakers and amp over good speakers in a non deadened door. SQ starts with the front and works its way back.
if you are willing to start out front, if you do some reading, you will find pretty darn fair prices on a DIY front stage. mach5 6.5s and seas tweets active should not break the bank and will sound great with deadened doors.

Read more than this one thread before you spend your money!

you might even want to head over to diymobileaudio to read some things... its more of a SQ environment. check classifieds for your purchases.
do what this guy said. especially going over to diymobileaudio if you really plan to go to the darkside of sq. sq is what they are all about over there and much is too be learned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.