Best set up for under $300? Newbie

$300 total for all that stuff will result in crap parts and worse sound.

Start small, buy one component at a time while saving for the next bit.

Think carefully and plan well or else you will wind up with crap then post "why does my system sound like crap" threads...easy...you bought junk...

Look in the classifieds. I got a skar zvx 18 in a custom ported enclosure for 240$ and an audiopipe 1500 for 80 bucks. Basically a 142db+ full bass system for 350 and its pretty fucking loud for what it is. Definitely better than any kicker, pioneer, jvc, kenwood, jensen, rocford fosgate or performance tek "junk for bass" setups shops are gonna sell you.

Some pre-install pictures

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, all stock even the stereo. What's the optimum setup for
Thank you!
Shew a $300 cap is rough. Though i only have like $570 in mine.

Sub- Soundqubed Hds2-15 dual 2 - $115 Shipped from Soundqubed

Amp - Audiopipe Apmi-1500 - $126 shipped from Amazon

Box - Build you own for Roughly $60(If you go MDF) or $75(if you go Birch wood) just depends on the direction you take.

Now after the sub and amp that leaves you with $59. So for box your best option is to go to lowes or home depot which ever and get a sheet of MDF and the rest of the stuff you need to build the box or if you have a few more bucks to throw in, then get the better option(s) in Birch Plywood or Oak. Both are much lighter then MDF also less messy and dont fall apart if you get some kind of liquid on them. But either way you can build a custom enclosure for a sub way cheaper then buying a prefab from a shop or something.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Look in the classifieds. I got a skar zvx 18 in a custom ported enclosure for 240$ and an audiopipe 1500 for 80 bucks. Basically a 142db+ full bass system for 350 and its pretty fucking loud for what it is. Definitely better than any kicker, pioneer, jvc, kenwood, jensen, rocford fosgate or performance tek "junk for bass" setups shops are gonna sell you.
Or this is a good option as well

Some pre-install pictures

also i need that ZVX 18 from you

also i need that ZVX 18 from you
got some rockford T2 components for 100 bucks as well yesterday. Girl's car gonna get a huge SQ upgrade over stock. Just tested them, they sound pretty sweet. Smooth as fk for aluminium domes

oh, here's the initial testing of the skar. Need to take an updated vid with some airflow at the windows now that we've set the gain properly.

Hate will come but a single skar vvxv2 15" on a skar rp-800@ .5ohm in proper box will impress I assure you especially for $270 to ur door. IMO id save up more money. Build a fs first I it does play all but 80hz of the audible freq range. I could never have a sub stage without a fs that cant keep up and accommodate the sub properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate will come but a single skar vvxv2 15" on a skar rp-800@ .5ohm in proper box will impress I assure you especially for $270 to ur door. IMO id save up more money. Build a fs first I it does play all but 80hz of the audible freq range. I could never have a sub stage without a fs that cant keep up and accommodate the sub properly.
i do like VVX's and the price on them aint bad at all

If me an I wanted to keep cost down an actually get pretty decent quality that will make car night an day different and wanted to do easy quick install id get - Gonna bridge amp to 4ohm and its actually a good amp for what you are paying and does rated if not very close - https://www.skaraudio.com/products/rp-75-4ab . Grab this comp set and scope amp an feed it every clean watt you can squeeze out that amp -https://www.skaraudio.com/products/spx-65c . Heard this set Saturday in a scion and it impressed the hell out of me. Didn't believe him when he said it was a skar comp set. Extremely loud yet clear and realistic. For under $300 to ur door this will make u smile and IMO is money well spent if on budget. Has to be good as I never recommend skar unless for the sk line monos.

PS - Most importantly use some kinda deadner inside door and either make ur own or pay someone $10 for some wood spacers. Be it mdf, birch, whatever just something pending on door depth and inside panel room can use as skinny as 1/4" up to 1"+... Theses two things are more important then the equipment. These two cheap things will make or break your fs. Make a $5 mid rape a $300 one.

I builit this box for less than $300 for my Mazda CX-5, including subwoofer, amplifier, wiring, etc:

IMG_0948.JPG

You can check out the entire build and installation here:

My Mazda CX-5 Custom Subwoofer

I'd agree that used and local are your friends.

300$ doesn't stretch too far if you're starting from scratch. A third of that will barely buy wiring + harness + dash kit to insall aftermarket head unit.

If there's any car audio shows up your way that'd be a good place to start. Lots of gear gets bought/sold/traded and people who like building boxes typically throw away their old ones. I know I've thrown some really solid boxes into bonfires and even built a couple into my chicken coop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.