Best place to take inputs from on a 16 Sierra w/ Factory bose

Participant count
  • Participant list

timbo-slice

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I hope this isn't a repost but I have scoured the web trying to find some insight on this.

Here is my setup:
2016 GMC Sierra denali crew with Factory Bose with 8" console sub and bose amp on the rear of the cab
I am running 2 JL 12TW3-D4s in a sealed box under the rear seat powered by a JL HD750/1 and an Audiocontrol LC2i.

I currently am taking my signal tap from the right rear door speaker leads, into the LC2i, and into the JL amp. It sounds ok with my LP set @80hz (24db slope), (30Hz infrasonic filter is OFF), but I feel like I'm still missing the really low end notes. Gains are all set properly using a 100hz PSW test tone and there is no clipping.
Should I be taking my amp inputs from the factory sub leads and just disconnect the factory sub completely? I can't find any info on if the rear doors would be a better signal tap and what the factory bose amp tuning is set up to as far as filtering goes. I have the accubass currently disabled until I can find someone with a proper RTA so I can accurately set it.
I am thinking leaving the factory sub hooked up will help me with getting more dynamic range out of the low ends to compliment the added subs.
Again, sorry if this is a repost.

That's a tough one to respond to. I would have to hear the stereo to give recommendations. Have you tried having a friend listen to your setup? First, with the factory sub disconnected. Second, with the factory sub connected. Just a suggestion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.