Best budget subs

The lanzar Max are decent but the Mason series is a lot better for a little more money. Depends how much power you are gonna use though 2k down. Use the Max series 2k to 3500 use the maxp series

I can because my friend has two Rockford puch p1s and they get loud but are just made horrible smoking coils bad sq and they don't get low lanzar max are cheaper and can get a lot deeper than those punch p1s and as far as I know the punch series is 1 up the prime series so if the punch series is not decent why would the prime be now I might be wrong but I highly doubt it and I just read they only go down to 43hz
I mean I can't argue with experience but you asked for cheap subwoofers and you kind of get what you pay for you know :p Personally I still think the comps are better than half the subwoofers listed.

I can because my friend has two Rockford puch p1s and they get loud but are just made horrible smoking coils bad sq and they don't get low lanzar max are cheaper and can get a lot deeper than those punch p1s and as far as I know the punch series is 1 up the prime series so if the punch series is not decent why would the prime be now I might be wrong but I highly doubt it and I just read they only go down to 43hz
you cant say something about the prime series because you've had experience with the punch series... oranges and apples... it really is. the prime series is ok, nothing special, but the punch series really is bottom of the barrel, so there really is no corrolation between them besides the rockford name (and NO, i'm not endorsing rockford subs, just completely disagreeing with this statement)

you cant say something about the prime series because you've had experience with the punch series... oranges and apples... it really is. the prime series is ok, nothing special, but the punch series really is bottom of the barrel, so there really is no corrolation between them besides the rockford name (and NO, i'm not endorsing rockford subs, just completely disagreeing with this statement)
I thought something was a little odd with his statement but I havn't ran rockford since the HE2's so I wouldn't know for a fact. I always found Prime to be somewhat decent for the price in their line considering the price of their other products vs performance.

I thought something was a little odd with his statement but I havn't ran rockford since the HE2's so I wouldn't know for a fact. I always found Prime to be somewhat decent for the price in their line considering the price of their other products vs performance.
IDK, i have my own reservations about rockford subs... but i won't put all that out here... the prime series is ok, the punch series is complete crap... it would be the same as me comparing any other brands baseline model to one of their upper models... just doesnt work

I've had Kicker 8" CVR8 subs in homemade fiberglass kickpods for four years and I've been really satisfied with them. They've really surprised me. I've pushed Black Sabbath and Rush thru them and they do a fine job. Bass drums sound fantastic. Whenever I tweak my amp settings I then test-listen with Black Sabbath "Mob Rules" with fantastic drumming and subs pass the test with flying colors. Like $55 each. I probably got a new pr. on ebay for $100.

The coils smoked because they are tiny 1.5inch coils, what else can you expect from something that size. Sounds like they were being over driven. I had a pair of p1 10s from 2004 (red and black ones) and they had surprisingly good sq but didn't get very loud which is to be expected. I have heard a prime 12 as well and it was terrible, sq was meh at best and spl was just terrible, granted it was in a sealed box though. The primes will go lower than 43hz, its all in the box, but its just not gonna have great spl.

The Prime series of subs is an absolute joke, just like the JL WX series. The product has been cheapened as much as possible and is sold to those looking for a label or a brand that is well known and trusted. 6mm of xmax is absolutely pathetic by todays standards, you can get more excursion, motor force and voice coil for the same price or less than the Primes. Its the same method as Volkswagen stripping down the Jetta (no power seats, windows, locks, radio) to get the base price down to around 14 or 15k.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I've had Kicker 8" CVR8 subs in homemade fiberglass kickpods for four years and I've been really satisfied with them. They've really surprised me. I've pushed Black Sabbath and Rush thru them and they do a fine job. Bass drums sound fantastic. Whenever I tweak my amp settings I then test-listen with Black Sabbath "Mob Rules" with fantastic drumming and subs pass the test with flying colors. Like $55 each. I probably got a new pr. on ebay for $100.
Something tells me you havent heard very many setups if you think CVRs sound good

I mean I can't argue with experience but you asked for cheap subwoofers and you kind of get what you pay for you know :p Personally I still think the comps are better than half the subwoofers listed.
He didn't ask for cheap subwoofers, I did.

Jl W0. It's a bit more. Around $80. But it's worth it
I've gone through 2 JL10W0s and blown both of them. I was powering them with no more than 125 watts and although they sounded pretty good, they just didn't last--stupid foam surrounds.

I did an install with 2 12w0v2's in a sealed box and a Kenwood mono for a friend, and they did pretty good and were still bangin after at least a year. Must have been user error.
you could be right. that was before i learned about setting gains properly. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.