Best Box Design For Perfect 10s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slowboarder
10+ year member

i have a jeep wrangler, and i am installing 2 perfect 10s behind the back seat... i want the subs to fire up towards the roof, no into the back hatch. the space i have to work with is 3 feet wide by a foot deep and a foot high. I already know i want to go sealed because im pretty sure it will not only be best for SQ but ive heard my subs work well in small enclosures. can you guys help me out? should i go single or dual chamber? whats the difference? also there will have to be like a 1 inch deep by 3 inch wide bump-in to the backside oof the box so the tailgate will shuit because of the locking mechinizm on the back of ther tailgate. Will this "bump-in" make it sound like ass? Sorry for the long post i am pretty new to Subs, ive done a lot with car audio just a total newb with bass.

PS merry chistmas all

dual for sealed is usually the best choice...the subs don't have to "fight" for air...there's a proper term for that...anyway, the "bump in" won't harm anything...shape isn't all that important as long as u have the airspace, internally, as needed.

a single chamber works ok for ported due to the fact that the subs aren't under as much control as in sealed....the dual for sealed helps keep them under linear control and helps them not cancel each other out....however, i'm sure someone will come along(i hope) and bettter explain this....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by Jmac What's this bump-in ?

Anyways, it looks fine to me and I would go with a dual chamber setup ...

Remember, don't give them more than 300 RMS ...
i assume it's a hump he'll have to build into the box to clear the locking mechanism....correct slowboarder?

yea thats correct, the tailgate on the jeep isnt flat, so the only way it will close flush with the box is to bump the box in an inch in one little spot wherre the locking mech is.

Lol i wont put more than 300 to the Jmac;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.