Best Amp for my 2 10" Alpine Type R subs?

veidde

This is my 1st system and i recently bought 6 1/2 type r rear speakers for the back. Next, i bought 2 10" Alpine Type R subs for the back and now i am in need of an amp to get the best power for them. Im looking to buy something from http://www.bestbuy.com because i get the employee discount which is about 40-60% on all car audio, so if possible posting links from bestbuy.com would be ideal. But if not im open to anything. Thanks for all the help...

before the flaming begins ill try to help you, you need a amp that is pushing out a true 1500 watts.Since you work at best buy and want to buy from their I recomend (Rockford fostgate,kicker,alpine,JL audio)

here are the specs on the subs

Alpine - 10" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer

Product Features

* Alpine products do not ship to Puerto Rico

* Professional installation is strongly recommended for this product. Please visit your local Best Buy store for details.

* Handles up to 1500W peak power (500W RMS)

* KEVLAR-reinforced pulp cone, oversized parabolic dustcap; HAMR surround and concealed mount gasket (KEVLAR is a registered trademark of DuPont)

* High-strength brass voice-coil bobbin; 50mm voice-coil diameter

* Dual progressive oversized Nomex spiders with integrated tinsel leads for added stability

* Dual stacked magnets

* Custom cast aluminum frame with integrated heat transfer plate; radial vented VC heat sink and airflow management system

* 9-1/10" top-mount diameter; 6-4/5" top-mount depth

* Magnetically optimized motor structure

* Frequency response: 26Hz - 600kHz

* Sensitivity: 83dB

* Impedance: 4 ohms

Just go with the Fosgate amp they are just for a pair of ten's & I am sure he is just gonna want a little bump in the trunk not an all out super wang'n system. If he wanted that he would have purchased 8 15's & created a custom ported box.

The kid is just looking for suggestions, & prolly this is his first system.

Just get the fosgate amp & call it a day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.