Best 8" Subs for Sound Quality and Accuracy

I think I might actually be able to fit 10's now that I look at it.

What is the best option for Sound Quality?

2x 10" Subs Sealed

1x 10" Sub Ported or w/ Passive Radiator

2" 8" Subs Sealed

1x 8" Sub Ported or w/ Passive Radiator

What do you guys think?

Thank You for the help.

Ive heard addictive audio has an 8 called the excruci8 250 rms but underated can handle more ive yet to hear them but some of the guys around my area are running there setups and say sq is good.

Will this amp be enough to power a nice 10" Sub + 4x 6.5" Speakers or do I need to get a 4-channel and a mono amp for the Sub separately?

I've been told that two amps is far more complicated than one to wire and run but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Kicker ZXM700.5 Marine amplifier — 70 watts RMS x 4 + 210 RMS x 1 at Crutchfield.com

I found that one for around $330. I'm sure I can get a nice 4-channel and mono for around the same price. Is one or the other a FAR better option?

I'm debating back and forth on what would be the best option for sound quality. This will be going in a '74 Bronco which is square and made of metal so it's a small area with plenty of reflective surface.

Option 1:

Head Unit & 4-Channel Amp in Center Console + 4x 6.5" Wakeboard Towers on Roll Bar + 2-3x 8"-10" Subs in an Enclosure behind the rear seat between it and the tailgate w/ Amp mounted on top or inside of the enclosure

Option 2:

Head Unit, 5-Channel Amp, & 1x 10" Sub in Center Console + 4x 6.5" Wakeboard Towers on Roll Bar

What do you guys think? Which will be best for overall sound quality and power?

YouTube - ‪HexiBase's Channel‬‏

rethink about cone size first....it's not to push whatever he had in there, it's to open up your options by opening up your perception of what piston area means and what its perceived limitations are.

the thing you are going to fight with most is the position of the subwoofer enclosure. center consoles are almost the worst position possible for subwoofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.