Need help with a "Big Brand" choice

BreakinTHEbank
10+ year member

Oz
My little sister got a gift card from Amazon for her HS graduation, and she wants to add some "bass" to her car. She's got a Malibu MAXX wagon. It's got a pretty decent amount of cargo room, but she doesn't want it to take up the whole thing. So I was thinking 2 10s or 12s in a small to medium sized ported box that I can build (or sealed if better suited). The front stage is already set with some polk components. She's got $150 to spend

Here the choices that I've found that could work from Amazon. The only ones I've used brand wise is Diamond (M6) and Infinity (Kappa Perfect). I don't know how good these lower lines are, but, the reviews at least on Amazon are good. She's not an audiophile and really just wants to say she's got a "system". That being the case, as long as box is built to spec, I really don't think it matters.

What would you choose out of these.

MB Quart FWA 304D 12s

Infinity Reference 1062 or 1262

Diamond D1 (12)

Alpine Type S (10 or 12)

Polk db 1040 (10)

JBL GT5 (10)

Orion C2 (12)

I wanted to convince her to get a single 12 like a JBL P12 or even a Type R, but no go. Remember whatever it is has to be from Amazon and no more than $150. And yes, I know a lot of that stuff is grey market.

Thats not really the best of options.
Trust me I know.

I was thinking the D1s or the Alpines, possibly the Infinity. Who knows. I have some Adire Shivas I could put in her car, but I'm not sure I want to part with them. Plus, realistically I think they need a bigger box than what I was planning.

id go for the infinitys for her, ******* want sq and for it to look good and be able to go "i have ____ in my car" except none of her friends will know what the fark the other stuff is but i bet they know infinity because of all the stock systems they did with mopar.

a Kicker 10" CVR in a good ported box will be plenty for her. 2 subs is just going to take up more space and more money.
You don't have to convince me bro, there's 20 single subs I could babble in my sleep.

id go for the infinitys for her, ******* want sq and for it to look good and be able to go "i have ____ in my car" except none of her friends will know what the fark the other stuff is but i bet they know infinity because of all the stock systems they did with mopar.
You hit the nail on the head here.

Hate to say it but you might check out Rockford on amazon. Last time I checked they were having a sale on 12 inch p1s for like 35$. Look at a couple p2s on there they might fit the price range

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.