Best 12 or 15 in $150ish range

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Have not had any audio in a while so kind of out of the loop on what's hip lol. But looking to put alittle daily bang in. Looking at what everyone is not hugging. Nothing to major heavy, looking like SA series or similar somthing along those lines or just like title says 12s or 15s in the 150ish range. Vehicle is 2011 Dodge Caliber so what ever it may be should sound pretty good.

Thanks in advance

Have not had any audio in a while so kind of out of the loop on what's hip lol. But looking to put alittle daily bang in. Looking at what everyone is not hugging. Nothing to major heavy, looking like SA series or similar somthing along those lines or just like title says 12s or 15s in the 150ish range. Vehicle is 2011 Dodge Caliber so what ever it may be should sound pretty good.

Thanks in advance
For how much power? I don't think there's anything really new and exciting on the block. EMF Lowballer may still be on sale, it's a fairly priced 2.5" coil sub. Soundqubed HDS series are still pretty strong for their price point for an entry level 3" coil.

For how much power? I don't think there's anything really new and exciting on the block. EMF Lowballer may still be on sale, it's a fairly priced 2.5" coil sub. Soundqubed HDS series are still pretty strong for their price point for an entry level 3" coil.

I was looking at the EMF lowballer and was interested until I seen it was like 25.00 in shipping smh. Unless there i missed somthing but it said stand shopping was like 25.

Power wise just seeing what I can get away with. If I can get something like the SA that's efficient on low power that would be great. Not looking to update electrical. I have a 3k amp but not going to run it at 3k will tune it to what I buy

I have seen some talk about the elite. How do they sound though.

they sound great in the property size and built Enclosure. I’m not a sounds snob but thE single 12 I’ve heard sounded great. A lot of the bad sound was due to throwing it in the vehicle to trial before sound treatment.

it’s a solid sub for $150. After box rise and factoring your decision to not alter electrical you should be fine with a single 12 or 15...15 obviously giving more output

Thanks in advance

The AB XD line is pretty nice also. Bigger magnets and 1,000 rms.
Screenshot_20200919-164522_Samsung Internet.jpg

AB lineup seems nearly identical to SoundQubed. All this stuff comes from the same factory and the only difference between most of it is the name on the dustcap and other cosmetic stuff.

it was like 25.00 in shipping
Do you suppose other companies have guys who come in to pick and pack orders for free and UPS/FedEx doesn't charge them to deliver their packages? """"Free"""" shipping just means 25$ or whatever baked into the price. You're not getting something for nothing.

AB lineup seems nearly identical to SoundQubed. All this stuff comes from the same factory and the only difference between most of it is the name on the dustcap and other cosmetic stuff.

Do you suppose other companies have guys who come in to pick and pack orders for free and UPS/FedEx doesn't charge them to deliver their packages? """"Free"""" shipping just means 25$ or whatever baked into the price. You're not getting something for nothing.

Jacobviral has done tests on his YouTube channel. Same box, amp, and size sub. The AB's always tested better than the Soundcubed. The Skars and Sundowns look similar also, but they are also different. The AB subs look a lot like DD subs, as well.
Screenshot_20200919-185606_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200919-185415_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Elite is a better sub the XD. And tbh if I could afford DD subwoofers I would have gone them over the American Bass TNT-1044s I just bought. Also that ribbed design is getting more and more popular for a reason.

I literally came here only to comment I knew bobbytwonames would recommend AB lol. DD is far superior in every way though

You have to admit that they look very similar, and always have. Why is DD so much better in every way? The name? I'm running a DD amp in my truck currently. Somebody already beat me to recommending AB. For the money, you can't beat them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.