Best 12 or 15 in $150ish range

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
Have not had any audio in a while so kind of out of the loop on what's hip lol. But looking to put alittle daily bang in. Looking at what everyone is not hugging. Nothing to major heavy, looking like SA series or similar somthing along those lines or just like title says 12s or 15s in the 150ish range. Vehicle is 2011 Dodge Caliber so what ever it may be should sound pretty good.

Thanks in advance

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Have not had any audio in a while so kind of out of the loop on what's hip lol. But looking to put alittle daily bang in. Looking at what everyone is not hugging. Nothing to major heavy, looking like SA series or similar somthing along those lines or just like title says 12s or 15s in the 150ish range. Vehicle is 2011 Dodge Caliber so what ever it may be should sound pretty good.

Thanks in advance
For how much power? I don't think there's anything really new and exciting on the block. EMF Lowballer may still be on sale, it's a fairly priced 2.5" coil sub. Soundqubed HDS series are still pretty strong for their price point for an entry level 3" coil.

OP
bgowdy

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
For how much power? I don't think there's anything really new and exciting on the block. EMF Lowballer may still be on sale, it's a fairly priced 2.5" coil sub. Soundqubed HDS series are still pretty strong for their price point for an entry level 3" coil.
I was looking at the EMF lowballer and was interested until I seen it was like 25.00 in shipping smh. Unless there i missed somthing but it said stand shopping was like 25.

OP
bgowdy

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
Power wise just seeing what I can get away with. If I can get something like the SA that's efficient on low power that would be great. Not looking to update electrical. I have a 3k amp but not going to run it at 3k will tune it to what I buy

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
Reactions: Bobbytwonames
OP
bgowdy

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky

I have seen some talk about the elite. How do they sound though.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
they sound great in the property size and built Enclosure. I’m not a sounds snob but thE single 12 I’ve heard sounded great. A lot of the bad sound was due to throwing it in the vehicle to trial before sound treatment.

it’s a solid sub for $150. After box rise and factoring your decision to not alter electrical you should be fine with a single 12 or 15...15 obviously giving more output

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018

Thanks in advance
The AB XD line is pretty nice also. Bigger magnets and 1,000 rms.
Screenshot_20200919-164522_Samsung Internet.jpg

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
AB lineup seems nearly identical to SoundQubed. All this stuff comes from the same factory and the only difference between most of it is the name on the dustcap and other cosmetic stuff.

it was like 25.00 in shipping
Do you suppose other companies have guys who come in to pick and pack orders for free and UPS/FedEx doesn't charge them to deliver their packages? """"Free"""" shipping just means 25$ or whatever baked into the price. You're not getting something for nothing.

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
AB lineup seems nearly identical to SoundQubed. All this stuff comes from the same factory and the only difference between most of it is the name on the dustcap and other cosmetic stuff.

Do you suppose other companies have guys who come in to pick and pack orders for free and UPS/FedEx doesn't charge them to deliver their packages? """"Free"""" shipping just means 25$ or whatever baked into the price. You're not getting something for nothing.
Jacobviral has done tests on his YouTube channel. Same box, amp, and size sub. The AB's always tested better than the Soundcubed. The Skars and Sundowns look similar also, but they are also different. The AB subs look a lot like DD subs, as well.
Screenshot_20200919-185606_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200919-185415_Samsung Internet.jpg

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com VIP
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
The Elite is a better sub the XD. And tbh if I could afford DD subwoofers I would have gone them over the American Bass TNT-1044s I just bought. Also that ribbed design is getting more and more popular for a reason.

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
I literally came here only to comment I knew bobbytwonames would recommend AB lol. DD is far superior in every way though
You have to admit that they look very similar, and always have. Why is DD so much better in every way? The name? I'm running a DD amp in my truck currently. Somebody already beat me to recommending AB. For the money, you can't beat them.

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
The Elite is a better sub the XD. And tbh if I could afford DD subwoofers I would have gone them over the American Bass TNT-1044s I just bought. Also that ribbed design is getting more and more popular for a reason.
I think the only reason anyone picks the tnt’s over dd’s is the budget issue. All that aside, are you unhappy with your pair of 1044’s, what power did you end up putting on them, and what are your enclosure specs?

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
And, the XD is cheaper than the Elite. The OP should spend the extra $30-$40 and get the XFL IMO.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I was looking at the EMF lowballer and was interested until I seen it was like 25.00 in shipping smh. Unless there i missed somthing but it said stand shopping was like 25.
just letting you know, you wont be seeing prices like you are normally used to anytime soon. Inflation hit the car audio market hard since the last time you were around.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA

looks identical but they sound totally different. Soundqubed doesnt play as low and is a bit more peaky vs the AB counterparts but gets louder than AB.

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
I literally came here only to comment I knew bobbytwonames would recommend AB lol. DD is far superior in every way though
Is there something wrong with recommending AB? I like the Alpine Type R also, but it was out of his price range. I've never ran SSA or Soundcubed, so I can't really recommend them. And, the Daytons, which I have ran, are also out of his price range. So, why you busting my balls?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds