bent basket = air leaks, gasket material solution?

RSDXzec
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Australia
Recently got a pair of subs off ebay dirt cheap so I'm not complaining, but when I put them in the box I feel the air coming out the edges. One isn't too bad, the leaks are pretty minor, but the other is bent a fair bit. I mean I put it on the box and I can rock it side to side, kind of like a table with 1 short leg. So I tighten the screws as well as I can and still get leaks. They do come with a gasket, which I've been using, but it isn't too much help. What else could I use to seal the gap and stop the leaks? or is there a way I could bend it back into shape?

This is the sub, you can see the gasket in the picture.

Soundstream_PCW-12.jpg

Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.