Battery Terminals w/ Set Screw VS Plate style w/ Lugs

Participant count
  • Participant list

deez283
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What Do you prefer when connecting your power run to your battery?

I was looking ILL Customs battery terminals with set screws for 1/0 that have 4 ports

or GP car audio plate type that you bolt your lugs down to.

This is for top post connection.

I prefer ring terminals for everything. Even fuse holders. Seems set screws tend to loosen up in my experience.

Valid point, A proper crimped lug will compress the copper better than set screw ever will too I feel like..

I wonder if a guy used wire ferrules and put a dab of thread lock on the screws how it would hold up?
They look nice and all but at the end of the day the best connection is more important than looks.

What Do you prefer when connecting your power run to your battery?

I was looking ILL Customs battery terminals with set screws for 1/0 that have 4 ports

or GP car audio plate type that you bolt your lugs down to.

This is for top post connection.
I have ill customz lug-style terminals in my Explorer and sky high lug-style terminals in my Bronco. The set from ill clamps on to the battery posts whereas the set from sky high use a set screw on the posts. Both do the job. I trust lugs over set screws, and with lug-style you don't have to modify your factory wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...