Switch Remote Turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeremyjohnolson

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am trying to set up my external amp on a toggle switch so I can turn it off and on when desired. So I ran the remote turn on wire through a toggle switch but the amp stays on even when the switch is off. I got out the trusty old volt meter and even checked the voltage on the amp where the remote turn on wire goes in and when the switch is off there is no voltage then when I turn the switch on, there is 12+ volts, so the switch seems to be doing what it's suppose to do, but the amp just stays on all the time. Any ideas why this is and how to trouble shoot? Is it just a bad amp? The particular amp I am trying to switch is the JL JX360.4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...