Battery posts are on the wrong side?

Autotech91

US
Bought a yellow top optima, will be upgrading alternator, but in my 2007 4Brunner the power and grounds are on the wrong side, I do want to upgrade both the power and chassis grind anyway but have no clue how to do so, any help would be amazing!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Bought a yellow top optima, will be upgrading alternator, but in my 2007 4Brunner the power and grounds are on the wrong side, I do want to upgrade both the power and chassis grind anyway but have no clue how to do so, any help would be amazing!
Basically my wires are too short and i dunno how to extend gauges that big

Get large ring terminals and some thick wire like zero gauge. Crimp the ring terminals onto the wire and connect them with bolts.

41I1S9VN1cL._SY355_.jpg

Not that hard

Well for starters buy the correct battery for your application.. Second yellow tops arnt what they use to be. They are not very good... In the battery round up test the yellow top failed! But as stated watch YouTube big three video

Get large ring terminals and some thick wire like zero gauge. Crimp the ring terminals onto the wire and connect them with bolts.
41I1S9VN1cL._SY355_.jpg

Not that hard
This is what I had to do for my stock positive and negative to extend them about 3 inches. Worked great. Just use lock washers so it won't come undone and then electrical tape or heat shrink around the bolt connection and it will be solid!

This is what I had to do for my stock positive and negative to extend them about 3 inches. Worked great. Just use lock washers so it won't come undone and then electrical tape or heat shrink around the bolt connection and it will be solid!
Thanks for the advice! And to the guy who is hating on yellow tops, what battery would you claim to be better?

Thanks for the advice! And to the guy who is hating on yellow tops, what battery would you claim to be better?
Any rebadged Deka battery. Sam's club has good cheap Duracell AGM car batteries

i would not buy a new yellow top battery..

i have one from when they were good.

i have been running it for 13 years..

but the new ones are not good.

its not were are hating on them, its that they are not the same quality as they once were.

ya the only time i would do that is if it was a temp. fix.

like if you did not have the money for the right wire.

i have done the connector's once before.

but re-ran new wire a few weeks after.

So my parents actually got me this as a Christmas gift. They knew I wanted a yellow top battery, so they went to the local Toyota dealer and had them order a yellow top for my 4runner, and the dealer sells interstate batteries, they have some deal with them, it's semi relevant. So Toyota decided to not even click the "does this battery fit my vehicle" link on optima's website, and proceeded to order me the general motors version. They have agreed to order the correct one now so problem solved. Thank you all for your responses! I wish my audio build post would get half as many.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

honestly return the yellow top and buy a different battery is a huge piece of advice given in this thread. truthfully, a yellowtop isn't even meant to be a starting battery...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Autotech91

Autotech91
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
giltyler