Battery keeps Dying

Sorry, atm if i don't start the car after a day or so the battery is dead. so i'm guessing something is drawing from the battery even when the car is turned off. was hoping someone could look at the pic and find something i did wrong.

How did you attach the remote wire to your amp? Use a voltmeter and make sure there is 0V on that wire when the key is off. If you have that hooked up right, try running your engine for about 5 minutes before you turn it off after any time you've been bumping the stereo. It's common that a system will drain your car down and make you have trouble starting it next time you get in.

i say first lets start to make sure that it is the stereo draining the battery. the pic is very small and i can barely make it out. i recommend disconnecting the stereo first. and see if the problem stops. if it does then we can continue from there

have tried that, its definately the stereo. have disconnected it and no troubles. i have a distribution block with inbuilt fuse and a digital display. after i turn the car off the display on this and the capacitor stay on for about 2-3 minutes. then turn off. sorry about the pic quality i'll post a bigger one.

install a battery cut off switch inbetween your battery and cap.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-battery-cut-off-switch.html

I have 4 of them installed in my car.

the ones I have are good for 100 amps each.

one is solely for the car electronics.

one is the front battery isolator

the other 2 are conected in line to my rear battery.

before my amps.

if you turn off the key, there can be no power drain.

problem solved. cheap . easy.

question, when you say you disconnected the stereo, what is it that you are disconnecting? the head unit? the amps?

as asked before how do you have you remote turn on lead? is it wired to your head unit? what wire is it wired to at that location?

did you get a wire harness for your headunit installation or did you splice wires up?

while your equipment is still all connected are there any lights on the amps still on?

disconnect your cap from the system for a day or 2 to see if the problem still exist.

Caps are constantly using power when connected to a power source. They are not needed in your system. Remove the cap and you shall be free. If you still have issues after removing the cap, reply back and we will help you more.

Caps will drain your battery period. Will they totally drain your battery, possibly. That depends on the cap and the battery. If you have a small flooded battery with a big cap, it will drain the battery much quicker than a group 31 AGM with a small cap. You get the point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.